Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-08-2020, 12:32 PM   #461
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
And Rashawn Fredricks is back in the transfer portal. Leaving UAB after sitting all season due to transfer rules
UCLA with mick?

I’m not serious
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:02 PM   #462
Bearcat_Z

Bearcat_Z is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
UCLA with mick?

I’m not serious
Maybe he has been in touch with Brannen and staff. Lol.
Bearcat_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:59 PM   #463
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If we get a big, it’s going to be really hard to get another one. When would they get minutes? We’d have 4 bigs. Unless it was a project type like the big we just offered
HS kid with the last a scholly if open...maybe a transfer sit out

Last edited by waterhead; 04-08-2020 at 08:01 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:57 AM   #464
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
I think we could find the minutes and sort things.

Many big guys are tweeners that can play the three spot sometimes. We just need an athlete that can guard and rebound a bit.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:25 AM   #465
cincyguy13
Epic Member

This spring has been less than ideal. Been in contact with every transfer and haven’t got one. Not many good ones left. Transfers use to be a great way for school like us to get talent, now schools like duke are going after them. Think the play now is to just get high schoolers and win. If the transfers have any talent, they are getting snatched up.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:14 PM   #466
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This spring has been less than ideal. Been in contact with every transfer and haven’t got one. Not many good ones left. Transfers use to be a great way for school like us to get talent, now schools like duke are going after them. Think the play now is to just get high schoolers and win. If the transfers have any talent, they are getting snatched up.

Brandon Johnson just chose Minnesota. That hurts a lot. We need Tate, and need to fill out the remaining spots somehow. Going to be relying on Eason A LOT unless something changes.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:38 PM   #467
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
Brandon Johnson just chose Minnesota. That hurts a lot. We need Tate, and need to fill out the remaining spots somehow. Going to be relying on Eason A LOT unless something changes.
Yeah, Johnson was one of the only ones I felt that could come in and we would be a better team. Tate is fine, but I don’t think he improves the team much. Especially if Keith comes back.

I felt good about the high school big we just offered, until every big school in America offered him the next couple days. Now that one isn’t even looking good. Quincy Ballard I think. He doesn’t looked that skilled but he looks like he can move.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 04-09-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:48 PM   #468
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, Johnson was one of the only ones I felt that could come in and we would be a better team. Tate is fine, but I don’t think he improves the team much. Especially if Keith comes back.

I felt good about the high school big we just offered, until every big school in America offered him the next couple days. Now that one isn’t even looking good. Quincy Ballard I think. He doesn’t looked that skilled but he looks like he can move.
With Syracuse being involved now and Ballard being from Syracuse, that's looking like more of a crap shoot now.

Other than Evan Cole, I'm not sure of any other available bigs who we're actively recruiting.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:42 PM   #469
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Jalen Tate to Arkansas. What a bad month of recruiting.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #470
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
Jalen Tate to Arkansas. What a bad month of recruiting.
Wasn’t big on him. But still would be nice to land a couple guys. Seems like There are still a of of players entering the portal.