Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-29-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Butler

Game is Wednesday at 7 PM EST. I saw CBS Sports Network as the channel, but didn't Mick say ESPN in his postgame interview?

Butler is 4-1. We all know about the 144 vs Citadel...well Citadel just scored 132 themselves a couple games back. But Butler beat them (144-71), Missouri State (93-59), Temple (74-69), and SIU-Edwardsville (89-73). The loss came to Miami(FL) 85-75.

Roosevelt Jones is averaging 13.2 PPG 8.6 RPG and 5.6 APG. Kellen Dunham is averaging 21.2 PPG and shooting 41% from 3. They are averaging 13.2 Offensive Rebounds per game and 28 FT attempts. I think these 2 stats are key, since we don't foul often and we take pride in our rebounding. My concern is that they'll see we had little interest in pushing pace against Nebraska and GW, so they'll crash the offensive glass instead of worrying so much about getting back. We gotta make it a pick your poison kind of proposition. I don't care about the fast break points as much as keeping them on their heels. We'll see what happens. It'd be great to have a huge crowd. I know Mick likes to emphasize protecting our home court, so we need to come out inspired...I'm assuming that won't be any kind of concern.

Butler 64
UC 71

Our ball movement is crisp, our big guys give the wing guys a nice target, and we band together and get a great win.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 11-29-2015 at 08:39 AM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #2
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Bearcats better clean up the defensive rotations... They are giving up way to many wide open threes.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:04 AM   #3
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Bearcats better clean up the defensive rotations... They are giving up way to many wide open threes.
Yes, definitely agree. It takes away our depth when Mick can't trust the 2nd unit on the defensive end. We have to make them take the contested shots we want them to take, and we have to limit 2nd chance opportunities. Clark is probably going to have to play 35+ minutes. He doesn't typically pick up fouls, so I'm not worried that he'll get 4 again.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:32 AM   #4
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Yes, definitely agree. It takes away our depth when Mick can't trust the 2nd unit on the defensive end. We have to make them take the contested shots we want them to take, and we have to limit 2nd chance opportunities. Clark is probably going to have to play 35+ minutes. He doesn't typically pick up fouls, so I'm not worried that he'll get 4 again.
Moore needs stay in rotation. Only way he's going to learn is through experience
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:44 PM   #5
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
Moore needs stay in rotation. Only way he's going to learn is through experience
I have no problem with that process if Moore showed a glimpse of promise, but he has never wowed me, he has played ok at times but he is the only player on our team that I've never been considerably impressed with.

If it's a close game against a good team I don't want him in the game. He doesn't understand our defensive philosophy what so ever.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:15 PM   #6
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I have no problem with that process if Moore showed a glimpse of promise, but he has never wowed me, he has played ok at times but he is the only player on our team that I've never been considerably impressed with.

If it's a close game against a good team I don't want him in the game. He doesn't understand our defensive philosophy what so ever.
Mick is going to him, plus he reshirted a young promising player in favor of Quadri. I suspect that Mick is seeing things a lot differently than you are, which is why he is playing. At the intrasquad scrimmage, he got a lot less playing time than everyone else, so I was thinking we wouldn't be seeing much more of him in this program. But to my surprise, he suddenly is finding decent minutes and I believe he has done pretty well actually. I've gone from expecting nothing out of him to seeing the possibility of him being a decent contributer this year and possibly developing into a significant role the next two seasons.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:17 PM   #7
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
He has at least one game-sinking turnover in him this season. It's not if but when.
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #8
L-T
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
He has at least one game-sinking turnover in him this season. It's not if but when.
The block he had in the 2nd half on the guy who was going in for the wide open layup was huge. There's just as much of a chance for him to get a big bucket, a great assist (Mick said he's one of the best passers on the team), or a big block ( like yesterday).
Old 11-29-2015, 06:36 PM   #9
L-T
Epic Member

This is a huge game on national TV. If Quadri and Justin are the high risk components that most in here claim, that should play out one way or the other in this game. I still like the 10 man rotation. Justin had a somewhat rough weekend, but I hope he steps back up to show his value in the games coming up.....the same for Quadri.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:44 PM   #10
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Mick is going to him, plus he reshirted a young promising player in favor of Quadri. I suspect that Mick is seeing things a lot differently than you are, which is why he is playing. At the intrasquad scrimmage, he got a lot less playing time than everyone else, so I was thinking we wouldn't be seeing much more of him in this program. But to my surprise, he suddenly is finding decent minutes and I believe he has done pretty well actually. I've gone from expecting nothing out of him to seeing the possibility of him being a decent contributer this year and possibly developing into a significant role the next two seasons.
Stop making sense trolling the board
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote