Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 03-24-2016, 10:21 PM   #11
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Cronin

The big 12 is now waiting on Cronin decision before they bring the university in the league. This one man has a lot of control. LOL
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:26 PM   #12
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Every time this thread lights up I need a shot of whiskey before clicking it
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #13
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
Every time this thread lights up I need a shot of whiskey before clicking it
LOL
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 05:53 AM   #14
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
The big 12 is now waiting on Cronin decision before they bring the university in the league. This one man has a lot of control. LOL
Can't we fire Tubbs and use some of his highly overpaid salary towards Mick's demands?
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:03 AM   #15
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Can't we fire Tubbs and use some of his highly overpaid salary towards Mick's demands?
you know it's funny. I loved the football team and how it began its March up the hill. But as it sits now and the fact we are on the outside looking in at P5 conferences I can't help thinking where we would be if that money we used to improve the football program was used on the hoops side. I understand why we did it but part of me wishes we hadn't. Am I alone in this??? Even when we were going well a part of me was like is this success really sustainable. The history of the basketball program males it very different. We can win a National title. We will never win one in Football.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 03-25-2016 at 06:07 AM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:25 AM   #16
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
you know it's funny. I loved the football team and how it began its March up the hill. But as it sits now and the fact we are on the outside looking in at P5 conferences I can't help thinking where we would be if that money we used to improve the football program was used on the hoops side. I understand why we did it but part of me wishes we hadn't. Am I alone in this??? Even when we were going well a part of me was like is this success really sustainable. The history of the basketball program males it very different. We can win a National title. We will never win one in Football.
I right there with you. I get why they did it but our admin has completely ignored the bball for over 10 years. You simply can't do that. Not with our history. I was a student from 04-08, I got to be a part of the football movement. Went to both BCS bowl games. It was fun while it lasted but I was with you in thinking, no way this will last.
I've always been a basketball UC fan who just happened to be there during the football glory years. I am over the current football status. It won't get better with the current operation going on.

All I want is to see the UC admin recognize our bball program and all its potential. If I feel like that, I can only imagine how the entire bball staff feels...
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #17
Bearcats Sports

Bearcats Sports is on a distinguished road
Oklahoma president David Boren(big supporter of expansion and UC) is going to become Chair of the Big 12. Could be a good sign for them to both expand and add UC.
Bearcats Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:03 PM   #18
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats Sports View Post
Oklahoma president David Boren(big supporter of expansion and UC) is going to become Chair of the Big 12. Could be a good sign for them to both expand and add UC.
Hang on to that hope, it's all you got.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #19
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Take this (like everything with realignment) with a grain of salt...

C. Austin Cox
‏@C_Austin_Cox
Mark your calendars: Big 12 will announce expansion plans the week of Media Days this July. OU's David Boren is getting his way. (UC/UM)
9:21 AM - 26 Apr 2016
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #20
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Take this (like everything with realignment) with a grain of salt...

C. Austin Cox
‏@C_Austin_Cox
Mark your calendars: Big 12 will announce expansion plans the week of Media Days this July. OU's David Boren is getting his way. (UC/UM)
9:21 AM - 26 Apr 2016
That guy is a turd
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote