jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:21 PM   #22
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I saw -10 and -13.
ESPN lists is as -14.5. Tempted to take Nebraska for the value. This year I'm tweaking with a modified model based on KenPom. So far, it has been under predicting point totals for us. This new shot clock has effected offense more positively than I thought.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #23
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
ESPN lists is as -14.5. Tempted to take Nebraska for the value. This year I'm tweaking with a modified model based on KenPom. So far, it has been under predicting point totals for us. This new shot clock has effected offense more positively than I thought.
-14.5 in favor of UC. I would be really inclined to take Nebreska. I am concerned of us just winning the game lol
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #24
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
-14.5 in favor of UC. I would be really inclined to take Nebreska. I am concerned of us just winning the game lol
I think we'll smoke them. Hopefully this weekend is like the Vegas thing a couple years back when we beat Iowa State and Oregon.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #25
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
I think we'll smoke them. Hopefully this weekend is like the Vegas thing a couple years back when we beat Iowa State and Oregon.
That would be awesome. I loved watching that tourney. We were playing well those games. I hope your right about smoking Nebreska. I guess I am hesitant since we haven't played a real team yet this year...and I haven't seen Nebraska.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:08 PM   #26
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
That would be awesome. I loved watching that tourney. We were playing well those games. I hope your right about smoking Nebreska. I guess I am hesitant since we haven't played a real team yet this year...and I haven't seen Nebraska.
I'm with you. Here's the ranks of the defenses we've faced: 260th, 195th, 178th, 237th and 309th. Nebraska at the very least is a solid half court defensive team currently ranking 73rd defensively and were ranked 25th last year.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:52 PM   #27
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Game will be on channel 64 locally on Friday. Some things I saw tonight scared me a bit, particularly how weak Ellis has been in the post all season. If our guards don't make shots this is going to be a close game.
On post game radio show interview, Cronin and Mashok were talking about how Ellis gets really small in the post, Like he keeps his legs too close together and ends up feeling 6'2 in the post and not 6'10.

Doesn't bode well for an after college career. However I don't feel it was that bad of a problem this year so hopefully its something he can adjust to.

I'd had more faith in Deberry post play than ellis but Ellis provides D that can guard any position.

Im a little worried about the Nebraska game just because they seem to play UC well the last 2 years. Hope NEB shoots like they did against Ark Pine Bluff and we should win big.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:11 PM   #28
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
We need to force a lot of mistakes. Their 22% turnover rate is ranked 312. Their 2 starting guards have a 28.1% turnover rate and the other has an absurd 36.1% turnover rate.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:51 PM   #29
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No way take Nebraska if over 10
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:53 PM   #30
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This I think we will get by Nebraska but it be close and GW or Tennessee is a 50-50 loss
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote