Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2015, 07:39 AM   #121
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
It's because teams take so long against our defense. 344 out of 351 in terms of average length of possession for opposing offenses.
I know that's a large part of it, but I would have still thought that if UC really wanted to be a fast team (as Mick himself states), the'd bring that number to at least below 100.

What is UC's average length of possession?
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:51 AM   #122
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It's just in general. We've had about 10 posts reported in the past couple days. Just want to make sure everyone on the forum stays civil and unbanned. Not a big deal.
I think the problem may be some need banned. That would help a lot, trying not to is not your job, controlling the board and it's posters is.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #123
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds513 View Post
I'll be there as well. Student section should be packed
Please make some noise. We have one if weakest student section in sports
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #124
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
I don't the the student section is weak in big games. Sure this season has been kinda lame but its hard to get any one amped up for those 4 shitty teams we played.

I expect it to be very loud tonight. Would love it to be a sell out but I wont count on it. Im a season ticket holder and did notice an uptick in attendance in the first game UC was ranked in the top 25
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:19 AM   #125
Union Bearcat

Union Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
I disagree. They do not show up when class is on break but otherwise its full and loud.
Union Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:57 AM   #126
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Im kinda torn about the Approach tonight.

I want UC to run and get up and down the floor as fast possible tonight But at the same time, Butler has no real shot blocking threats and Our Bigs could really take over the game down low.

I think like i said previously, Maybe we start really fast and see where it gets us and then if were not having success just grind one out with our bigs.

PS who do you think will guard Rose Jones? I would like it to be Gary clark but maybe shall.

Also, I would think that Dunham has to either be guarded by Caupain or Shaq because of his height, no way cobb should do it. Cobb should stick to Tyler Lewis I would guess.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:07 AM   #127
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I want UC to run and get up and down the floor as fast possible tonight But at the same time, Butler has no real shot blocking threats and Our Bigs could really take over the game down low.

I think like i said previously, Maybe we start really fast and see where it gets us and then if were not having success just grind one out with our bigs.

PS who do you think will guard Rose Jones? I would like it to be Gary clark but maybe shall.

Also, I would think that Dunham has to either be guarded by Caupain or Shaq because of his height, no way cobb should do it. Cobb should stick to Tyler Lewis I would guess.
Really don't care what style we play as long as we end up with a W.

KJ as our best on the ball defender will be huge tonight. He'll get his shot at guarding Dunham and hopefully he has his offense going as well. A good game from him at both ends would be a big lift for the Cats

Having Ellis bring his game early tonight would also be helpful.

If we get off to a good start we can dictate tempo and force Butler to play to our strengths. Something we have lacked in last couple of games.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #128
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

Do you think they'll go man or stick with the zone they've been playing? My guess is they stick with the zone.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #129
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno99 View Post
Do you think they'll go man or stick with the zone they've been playing? My guess is they stick with the zone.
I think you'll see us use the same defense with a heavy emphasis on stopping dribble penetration by their guards.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:45 AM   #130
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Actually Im very very disappointed in what i just saw when I went to see how many tickets were left for tonights game.

Tons and tons of tickets left it seems.

Very disappointing. Like we need a huge home court advantage and Mick went out of his way to schedule huge non conference games, People need to get off there asses and go to games