Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #581
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
I will say this. TOSU would never retain a coach who gets beat by its biggest rival as often as we do. I gave Mick a pass for the early years but Mack is kicking his tail in his own back yard. If he can not regain our status in our city it may be time for a change.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #582
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
you and Mick have a different opinion of what will work best for this group. If your unhappy with his game plans I suggest you call Bohn. The one thing I will say is Mick is responsible for the talent. If he can not recruit people to win it may be time for a change. That should be decided at years end not now.
Mick gets good players. Just not players that fit into the style he is hellbent on playing. Jmo.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:05 AM   #583
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Mick gets good players. Just not players that fit into the style he is hellbent on playing. Jmo.
anyone going D-1 is a good player. To beat top 10 teams and be a factor nationally we need better players. Changing his style requires better players. Your point is we can not win with this style that is not true. I could show you stats that will say different. He can not win with his players because they are not good enough. We were out manned against X.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #584
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Cincinnati had 17 assists on 21 field goals. Xavier only had 14 assists.
So are you honestly saying you think UC is a better passing team than XU?
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:14 AM   #585
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

I have been a big supporter of Mick's since day one. He has taken the program and moved it forward. But if he can not be the top program in his own city it may be time to move forward with some one else. Can't reign nationally if you can't dominate in your city.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:20 AM   #586
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
we have some strengths but we also have some glaring weaknesses.
Currently, our major weakness is on the bench. He has to have some master plan because he's been off all year. Jenifer and Evans need to play more, particularly to give Troy a rest.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:23 AM   #587
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
I have been a big supporter of Mick's since day one. He has taken the program and moved it forward. But if he can not be the top program in his own city it may be time to move forward with some one else. Can't reign nationally if you can't dominate in your city.
This is a heartbreaking post. But I do agree.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:24 AM   #588
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm just worried that the longer Jenifer sits, the more he becomes like Mick's version of a Bearcat...which is like everyone else we've seen. Making players change their game to fit a certain style is foolish. If you can't live with Jenifer making an error of commission, don't recruit him.
Watching Mack's post game, he mentioned that the reason he recruited Sumner was not to be a Trent Dilfer. Not to just manage the offense. But to be a playmaker, therefore he has to give him some sort of leash. Why can Mick not see things like this.
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:24 AM   #589
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
anyone going D-1 is a good player. To beat top 10 teams and be a factor nationally we need better players. Changing his style requires better players. Your point is we can not win with this style that is not true. I could show you stats that will say different. He can not win with his players because they are not good enough. We were out manned against X.
After 10 years of watching Mick teams, I think it is.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:25 AM   #590
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
This is a heartbreaking post. But I do agree.
Let the season play out first. I do agree that his coaching of this particular team has been poor. BTW Louisville has been dominated by Kentucky since Cal got there but they seem fine nationally.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote