Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #131
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Still can not get over the fact that against a very good defensive team in 56 minutes he did not have 1 turn over. That is incredible!!! The team is so much better when he is on the floor.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:32 AM   #132
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Plus, Mick mentioned Troy's been playing hurt for about a month now. Makes it all the more impressive.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:41 AM   #133
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Plus, Mick mentioned Troy's been playing hurt for about a month now. Makes it all the more impressive.
He is certainly getting it down under some difficult conditions. He also has been limited by not having Cobb for a few games.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:41 AM   #134
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
That was a special performance that kid put on yesterday, absolute awsome game. 37 points 10 rebounds 0 turnovers....put the team on his back. He's setting up what could be a special special senior year for him.

cant wait to watch him the tourney next week
He did what he had to do when he was dealing with injured teammates! It was very impressive that he could do that when he was basically the only (seemingly) healthy option out of he, Clark, and Evans. I thought DeBerry did a great job filling in for Clark and would have liked to have seen more minutes go to him. I have heard Troy has been dealing with injury too but it's definitely not noticeable whatever it is. It was close to a one man show against an elite D. Fun to watch and excited for the tourney and next year.

Most of Troy's biggest games have been against better competition when some of our other guys get timid.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #135
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I'd like to see some Portland Trail Blazers/Damian Lillard style zero-pass possessions in the tourney. Caupain is going to be the guy to carry us. If we're going to go down, it better be going down swinging. He can take as many shots as he possibly can and I won't bat an eye.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #136
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'd like to see some Portland Trail Blazers/Damian Lillard style zero-pass possessions in the tourney. Caupain is going to be the guy to carry us. If we're going to go down, it better be going down swinging. He can take as many shots as he possibly can and I won't bat an eye.
Very good post. I love Lillard. he is like this guy few have ever heard and he hits 20 plus every game. Sometimes 40 plus.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:47 PM   #137
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Not to take away anything from Caupain because he has been playing great the last couple games, but Mick says this every year about his guys. It's rare that anyone on any team goes through the entire season without being a little banged up. It's the nature of the beast.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:45 AM   #138
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Reading back through this thread is kind of interesting from a fans prospective.

We sure want to heap a lot on TC. Be the man at crunch time. Stop the opposing guard from Penetrating. Facilitate the offense. Push the tempo. Score the big buckets. Break the press. Heck, some wanted him moved to the 2 guard. Am I wrong or other then his 3 PT % he has improved his game from his previous 2 years?
Old 03-17-2016, 08:53 AM   #139
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Reading back through this thread is kind of interesting from a fans prospective.

We sure want to heap a lot on TC. Be the man at crunch time. Stop the opposing guard from Penetrating. Facilitate the offense. Push the tempo. Score the big buckets. Break the press. Heck, some wanted him moved to the 2 guard. Am I wrong or other then his 3 PT % he has improved his game from his previous 2 years?
I think he has very much improved his game.

I mean his TO in big games are non existent and thats a big improvement. His passing abilities are much much better than ever before.

I actually think having a pure passing PG like Jenifer in practice has made Troy better. Troy never really got to learn under a great point guard and even though Jenifer is a freshman, I think it pushed troy to be a better traditional point guard.

Sure his shooting percentage is down but thats also because last year, we'd hear the shot clock go off before even a shot was up in air and Troy wasnt always coming to the ball to make something happen in the last few seconds. This year, He is taking every shot late in the clock and coming to the ball. Sometimes he has to volume shoot but thats fine. I better we see a huge improvement in his FG% next year
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:34 AM   #140
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I think he has very much improved his game.

I mean his TO in big games are non existent and thats a big improvement. His passing abilities are much much better than ever before.

I actually think having a pure passing PG like Jenifer in practice has made Troy better. Troy never really got to learn under a great point guard and even though Jenifer is a freshman, I think it pushed troy to be a better traditional point guard.

Sure his shooting percentage is down but thats also because last year, we'd hear the shot clock go off before even a shot was up in air and Troy wasnt always coming to the ball to make something happen in the last few seconds. This year, He is taking every shot late in the clock and coming to the ball. Sometimes he has to volume shoot but thats fine. I better we see a huge improvement in his FG% next year
really hope Mick and staff are working on getting a Big time PG in here for when TC leaves. Whoever that player is will have Washington, Clark, Evans and Cumberland to work with. He'll also be able to come in and start from day 1. I'm not talking about a game manager but a playmaker to facilitate the offense.