Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 07-21-2016, 05:25 PM   #121
Bearcat1234

Bearcat1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Boise is going to get left out. Big 12 wants Northeast expansion. The horse trading being talked about is apparently, if we give you Houston, you have to give us UCONN. WV, Kansas, OU and others are pushing it this way. You need 8 votes to get in. Expansion by 2 doesn't appear to be able to happen. It's either 4 or none. Hard time believing it isn't going to be 4 teams added.
What about BYU? Because of not being able to play on Sunday, among other issues including geography and others, they would have to be football only. So you would only add one football-only and have an odd number of schools for other sports? Either two for football-only or zero for football only.

And Uconn? Other than basketball, wth does Uconn offer? Trash football program, very few CFB fans up in the Northeast. Could see Memphis and even maybe UCF before Uconn.
Bearcat1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:27 PM   #122
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Reports are that Texas and Oklahoma have agreed to expansion with the condition that the GOR will not be extended. So basically they get enough cash in the short term to keep up with the SEC and in 2024 they bounce.

Sounds like a lovely group to be a part of....
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #123
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
yeah man, let's keep playing east carolina and tulane because of something that might happen in 2024. good call.
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #124
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
yeah man, let's keep playing east carolina and tulane because of something that might happen in 2024. good call.
Lol right?! 😂
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:59 PM   #125
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Reports are that Texas and Oklahoma have agreed to expansion with the condition that the GOR will not be extended. So basically they get enough cash in the short term to keep up with the SEC and in 2024 they bounce.

you do not like the coach. If Tubby left today name one good coach that would take the UC job that would stay? None that I can think of. We get in the big 12 and have some bad years guess what, Great coaches would be lined up and we can pay them too.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:43 PM   #126
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I'd take a conference with the remaining b12 teams. Besides, who cares...What is the alternative? Be in what you perceive to be a bad conference or be in the bad conference we currently are in? Either way we are screwed so why not live it up for a bit.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:12 PM   #127
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
I'd take a conference with the remaining b12 teams. Besides, who cares...What is the alternative? Be in what you perceive to be a bad conference or be in the bad conference we currently are in? Either way we are screwed so why not live it up for a bit.
It's not even debatable imo. Joining the Big 12 improves our situation regardless of who is in it down the road. It's an established league with a good reputation in all sports.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:25 AM   #128
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
I think we're in because we already have the eight votes that matter:
OU, OSU, KU, KSU, ISU, BU, TCU, and WVU

We don't see too much coming from UC in public forum because there isn't a need to do so. We can afford to keep our communications with Big 12 presidents and Bowlsby behind closed doors as there isn't a need to get a groundswell of public opinion and outcries. The wheeling and dealing going on is for the remaining slots. I think Houston gets in because the votes of TT and UT will exchange votes for another school if others agree to Houston. That's two and because of the money and horse trading needed, I think they go to four.

I truly think Boise and BYU are on the outside looking in, but I wish those were the two schools to join as football only members. Since they don't go the FB only route, the next two slots are up for grabs between Memphis, UConn, UCF and USF in that pecking order.

So what do we do with that? We wait and wait for the Big 12 to come out publicly and speak on the topic, though it will not happen until after the final votes are tallied.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:56 AM   #129
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Best case: Houston & BYU are only two invited

This doesn't weaken the AAC too much only losing one school. A possible replacement team is added that is more regional for us. I'll be happy!
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:27 AM   #130
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Best case: Houston & BYU are only two invited

This doesn't weaken the AAC too much only losing one school. A possible replacement team is added that is more regional for us. I'll be happy!
You're going to be very sad if this is what makes you happy. It's going to be zero teams or four teams. If four teams, UC will be one of those four.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote