Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 04-02-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
Bearcats Sports

Bearcats Sports is on a distinguished road
Spring Game

Got to go out and see the spring game today. The team still looks like it has a lot of work ahead of them, and a lot of chemistry to make. Peterson seemed to be the real deal, and has some explosive speed. With Kiel out we got to see a lot of Ross Trails, which I enjoyed. I thought he looked like the quarterback with the most potential. Anyone have any thoughts on who they think will be the starting quarterback in fall?
Bearcats Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:37 PM   #2
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Saw someone on Twitter say they thought Trail was equal to Moore at this point in time. I wasn't at the spring game but base off of last year I'd have to think Moore is #1 at the moment since Kiel's been dealing with injury.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:40 PM   #3
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
SMH. Is it November yet?
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
SMH. Is it November yet?
NTS, I enjoy your basketball knowledge and commentary. I know that you don't like Tubs or the football program so why do you bother posting in the football forum?
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #5
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
Gotta believe it's still Kiel's job to lose, so barring injury or something else that would keep him out, I think he will be the starter.

But can the defense stop anyone?!

Sent our season ticket renewal back in last week, so guess we'll see come September.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #6
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
I couldn't make this one this year, first time in awhile. But talked with lots there and followed spring ball closey. Kiel was hurt...again (maybe he's just soft who knows) but everyone I've talked to say trails looks impressive. But Kiel will no doubt start in my opinion, just knowing tubs its gunners spot. Now when he gets hurt it'll be interesting.
Things of note:

- WRs playing with a chip cuz they are relatively Un know.
tshumbi johnson Imo will have a break out year in the slot, similar some ways to shaq washington (johnson a bit taller) as he was a QB in HS (look for him to take over wild cat) also lived with shaq last year and says he was like his big brother. Explosive. Also really like Avery Petterson former 4 star transfer from lsu, think these two will have big years.
Nate cole should also fill in nicely will dowdy manning down TE

-RBs -pretty good depth with some very very solid youngsters. Hope Boone gets bulk of the carries got lot of skills, with tion green backing him up. Like Boone out of the back field for some passes too, need to feature him more this year.
Defense- I look for it to be much improved especially in the secondary. Some of the younger guys are stepping up tyrell Gilbert is prolly the hardest hitter of the group at safety, Pinckney and Coleman I expect to be solid at corners had solid springs

Overall we will have 18 seniors this year which is solid only 6 of those are not tubbs guys and they have no fifth year seniors. This is a team finally pretty much all of tubs. Could we surprise some people? yes I think so think we could pull a solid season, now yes tubs is bad I know that but I like the hires at cordinators especially at the offensive side.new cordinators imo will be good they neede to switch things up and they are very experienced. WE will see tho have no predictions at this point but 7-6 or 6-6 should definitely get tubs fired he needs to do better. Uc should have 9 or more wins each year imo

Last edited by Bearcat Rob; 04-03-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:25 PM   #7
Bearcats Sports

Bearcats Sports is on a distinguished road
I was hoping to see some more from Kamara. Heard great things from him when he was coming out of High School.
Bearcats Sports is offline   Reply With Quote