Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-05-2019, 09:43 AM   #121
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Since the 1st of Feb we are 129 in AdjO and 339 in eFG%. 351 in 2 point fg %.

We've been luck boxing our way through it, but I think the offense has kinda been what we thought it would be when the season started. We still need to run an actual offense. As great as Cumberland has been, its just so much to ask from 1 guy.
What’s are defensive stats in that time period
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #122
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsladder@aol.com View Post
Him driving and kicking out or dumping is good offense with the players around him when hes not scoring.

but it hasn't been. if we did 129 AdjO for a season it would be our worst offense in 10 years.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:51 AM   #123
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
What’s are defensive stats in that time period
17 in AdjD
Old 03-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #124
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:

We've been luck boxing our way through it, but I think the offense has kinda been what we thought it would be when the season started. We still need to run an actual offense. As great as Cumberland has been, its just so much to ask from 1 guy.
Yah that's pretty bad. We have to do a better job when Cumberland draws the defense out to him past the 3 point line. As soon as Cumberland gets rid of the ball we need to go right at the center of the lane for an easy jumper, dish off to the bigs, or the outlet 3. This all needs to happen before Cumberland's defenders can get back in the play. It has to be a bang bang sequence. Cumberland creates a lot of 4 on 3 action for us so we need to have some players step up when that happens and Cronin has to draw those plays up and communicate the speed at which it has to happen to the players. The ball has to be moving with some urgency.

When Cumberland gets the ball on the shoulder I think we can let him dictate the action. If it's a short clock at the top of the key we can let Cumberland do what he does.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:49 PM   #125
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I feel like our offense has been just fine this year, there’s definitely some things to be worked on, but I think they’re playing well above what was expected
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:33 PM   #126
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I feel like our offense has been just fine this year, there’s definitely some things to be worked on, but I think they’re playing well above what was expected

They were before the start of February. Before Feb 1 we were shooting 51% on 2 point shots. After Feb 1 we are shooting 38.8% on 2 point shots, 3rd worst in college basketball.

We dont turn it over and we offensive rebound. Shooting wise though, our offense is bad. 251 in eFG% overall and 309 in eFG% in conference play.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:42 AM   #127
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Broome was shooting 19% from 3 through 23 games. Since then in the last 11 he has shot 45% for a total of a respectable 31%.

Scott is 5 of his last 12 over a 5 game stretch. At 32% on the year I don't mind him taking the wide open looks. I don't think we are going to get much better looks than the one's he gets and he passes up a lot of early clock looks which I would still agree with at this point.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #128
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Trevon Scott stepping up when we need it. Last 3 tourney games.

12 boards 17 points
8 boards 12 points
8 boards 12 points

4 assists on 1 turnover. 3 steals and 1 block. 3 of 7 from deep and 12 of 26 from 2. 8 of 12 from FT line.

He only has 3 fouls so I wish there was a way to have him help Brooks a bit more who has had 9 fouls in his last 2 games. There has to be a way to give Scott more of those fouls.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #129
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Trevon Scott stepping up when we need it. Last 3 tourney games.

12 boards 17 points
8 boards 12 points
8 boards 12 points

4 assists on 1 turnover. 3 steals and 1 block. 3 of 7 from deep and 12 of 26 from 2. 8 of 12 from FT line.

He only has 3 fouls so I wish there was a way to have him help Brooks a bit more who has had 9 fouls in his last 2 games. There has to be a way to give Scott more of those fouls.
It would also help if Brooks was not picking up extremely dumb fouls. Brooks has to play MUCH smarter with avoidable fouls. I don't know WTF he is thinking sometimes when he already knows he is likely to be picking up around 3 fouls per game that are good fouls. He can't be going WAY over the back or reaching in or diving on players etc.