Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 10-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #21
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Can anyone explain how jarred evans gets reps in the osu game with a healthy kiel but then kiel goes down and we only see munchy? I was at the game did they broadcasters on tv say anything about ?
I think it came down to having to throw the ball because we were down so much.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #22
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
I think it came down to having to throw the ball because we were down so much.
I guess i could see that, but munchie was bad and did not sniff the field at osu, evens played when we were down that game, all be it not by that much, but with the offense dead and fans leaving you'd think he would give that a try
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #23
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Can anyone explain how jarred evans gets reps in the osu game with a healthy kiel but then kiel goes down and we only see munchy? I was at the game did they broadcasters on tv say anything about ?
From what I heard Evans practiced at safety all week.
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #24
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
From what I heard Evans practiced at safety all week.
Tuberville is a genius.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #25
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
^^Tommy Tuberville won the SEC coach of the year at Ole Miss. He won national coach of the year at Auburn. He won the SEC west 5 times at Auburn and beat Alabama 6 years in a row, something no other coach has done. He doesn't obviously have your football acumen, but who would sitting behind a keyboard as you do.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #26
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Tuberville is a genius.
We need stability, so I don't understand why you are complaining. If he can go 8-4 or better every year and if our basketball team can make a few runs in the tourney, we could be a much better option for conferences in a few years. We are definitely stuck in the AAC for at least 4-5 years, but look at what happened the last time we changed conferences. When we moved to the Big East, all we had was basketball. If we can have a consistent football team and continue to build the basketball program, then I think we have a shot to move up in a few years.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #27
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
^^Tommy Tuberville won the SEC coach of the year at Ole Miss. He won national coach of the year at Auburn. He won the SEC west 5 times at Auburn and beat Alabama 6 years in a row, something no other coach has done. He doesn't obviously have your football acumen, but who would sitting behind a keyboard as you do.
Blown out by Illinois (finished 4-8), lost to South Florida (finished 2-10), beat down by North Carolina (finished 7-6), nearly lost to Miami (OH) twice (combined 1-16 record), curbstomped at home against Memphis by 27 points. Elite coaching.

Last edited by Bearcat_NTS; 10-07-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #28
anbuc88
Elite Member

Quote:
Blown out by Illinois (finished 4-8), lost to South Florida (finished 2-10), beat down by North Carolina (finished 7-6), nearly lost to Miami (OH) twice (combined 1-16 record), curbstomped at home against Memphis by 27 points. Elite coaching.
You think he forgot how to coach since his time at Ole Miss or Auburn? Or was he just lucky during those years? When you try and talk football, you just sound stupid. Stick to stuff that you're good at. Like telling people how great you are and how it's pointless to argue against you. Someday you might even believe it.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #29
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
You think he forgot how to coach since his time at Ole Miss or Auburn? Or was he just lucky during those years? When you try and talk football, you just sound stupid. Stick to stuff that you're good at. Like telling people how great you are and how it's pointless to argue against you. Someday you might even believe it.
He was at SEC schools with really good staffs and good players. You guys will see in due time how he ruins this program.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #30
anbuc88
Elite Member

Quote:
He was at SEC schools with really good staffs and good players. You guys will see in due time how he ruins this program.
That's what some said about Cronin when he took over the helm at UC. They were wrong, and so are you about Tuberville. He knows how to build a program, and will do so for the long run. Not for a quick fix until their 'dream' job opens up, like the previous 3 coaches did. The recruiting is improving and UC will likely have their highest ranked class ever. For anyone to act like they know that he will 'ruin' the program is just ignorant.