Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 11-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #11
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...mpionship_Game

We would by basis of Temple being eliminated by 6) Overall winning percentage in three way tie. Then we would have head to head over UCF. That’s the way I see it based on American Conference tiebreaker rules.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:03 PM   #12
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Actually we eliminate both UCF and Temple on 6) because UCF has lower winning percentage than us based on playing 1 less game due to hurricane.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:52 AM   #13
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
I love UC football and basketball. The reality is though UC football has zero chance to win a national championship. Not because anything they do on the field but because of the structure of the NCAA and the greedy Power 5. I will be tuning in and supporting our Bearcats on Saturday and hoping that we can win out and get a New Years Day Bowl. I love what Fickell has done and 100% support the program. I just hate the way it is all set up. UCF still gets no respect.

At least with basketball we have a chance (some would argue we dont) to win a national championship, if we take care of the results on the court. Last year was probably our best hope with the way the bracket broke but at least we had a chance. We just didn't get it done. NCAA Football is still the only sport where the results on the field dont determine a champion.
Zero chance? How about 1%? Walk with me...IF--IF next year we run the table, which includes wins against UCLA and at Ohio State...then finish undefeated, you don't think that team would be in consideration for the playoff?

Now realistically I don't think that will happen, but just play the What If game for a second.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #14
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...mpionship_Game

We would by basis of Temple being eliminated by 6) Overall winning percentage in three way tie. Then we would have head to head over UCF. That’s the way I see it based on American Conference tiebreaker rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post
Actually we eliminate both UCF and Temple on 6) because UCF has lower winning percentage than us based on playing 1 less game due to hurricane.
Hey., thank you ! now just beat UCF !!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #15
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post
Zero chance? How about 1%? Walk with me...IF--IF next year we run the table, which includes wins against UCLA and at Ohio State...then finish undefeated, you don't think that team would be in consideration for the playoff?

Now realistically I don't think that will happen, but just play the What If game for a second.
Did you mean UCF and not UCLA? Because I dont think UCLA is much of a resume builder...
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:31 PM   #16
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Cin City;192122]Zero chance? How about 1%? Walk with me...IF--IF next year we run the table, which includes wins against UCLA and at Ohio State...then finish undefeated, you don't think that team would be in consideration for the playoff?

Now realistically I don't think that will happen, but just play the What If game for a second.[/QUOTE
Way to point that out. We are primed to make a run next year. With an OSU win and undefeated season we would definitely be in. Like Rocky this will be our one shot and this year is a tune up. A lot to look forward to. Thanks.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:49 AM   #17
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Did you mean UCF and not UCLA? Because I dont think UCLA is much of a resume builder...
No. I meant UCLA. They were young this year...maybe younger than us (I don't know for sure) AND its a P5 win. That counts for a little. Plus, and I know I'm way ahead of myself here, the Pac-12 is weak which provides UCLA a path to have a good record. As always, it's a what if scenario.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:03 AM   #18
HExus

HExus is on a distinguished road
I think the people saying they have 0%/little chance at all to get to the CFP are dead wrong.

Remember Houston beat Oklahoma a few years ago and they vault up to #6, and if they didn't end up losing 2 games they probably were near a lock to move up into the top 4 over the course of the long season. Unfortunately they lost a few and we never got to see what would have played out. That was the year they spanked us on Thursday night. I was at that game.

I think UC has a similar path next year with OSU on the slate.

If, and its a big if, they can beat OSU and win out, they have a very good chance of making the playoffs id say.

Next year is a golden opportunity, and the cats are coming together at the right time to maybe take advantage of it.

Last edited by HExus; 11-15-2018 at 12:06 AM.
HExus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:49 AM   #19
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
I think the last time I was this excited for a UC football game was when I drove up to Pittsburgh and watched the Cats beat the panthers on a closing seconds TD. Can't wait for Saturday at 0800.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:21 PM   #20
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I think the last time I was this excited for a UC football game was when I drove up to Pittsburgh and watched the Cats beat the panthers on a closing seconds TD. Can't wait for Saturday at 0800.
That whole 2009 year was an exciting season, minus the ending. That Pitt game was a thing of legend.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote