Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-08-2018, 07:03 AM   #191
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
I'm not looking for zion Williamson....I'm looking for guys that understand basketball and can shoot it at high clip. I could look at every d2 program in the country and find 1 guy on that team that would be better. That's an issue.

Half of this current team is projects? I hate projects. They rarely work out. I want guys that can shoot and understand basketball. Defense no longer wins championships.

Its an offensive game. Change/adapt or gtfo out.
he won 30+ games two years running. His way is working. Legend if Mick quits tomorrow I will wager you any amount that we will not win a NCAA championship in the next 20 years regardless who they are able to bring in here. We don't cheat and we are not P-5. I agree with you his last two recruiting classes to this point have been MIA.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:11 AM   #192
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
i don't think we make the tourney this year.
Losing to a Big 10 team does not hurt you when you play in our league.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:16 AM   #193
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbartell@yahoo.com View Post
Justin Jennifer should never be allowed to shoot. He doesn't need to be guarded. Not sure how he gets more than 10 min a game. And where was the Diarra kid who I thought was going to have a major role? Was he hurt?
Jenifer is shooting 36% from 3 for his career. That is probably the last thing I would critique about his game. He is a PG and he's not doing a great job of putting his team in position to score.

At 36% he should probably go ahead and take every wide open look he gets from 3.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:16 AM   #194
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I do think Cane deserves a pass. He had a bad game but we have seen what he can do last year. I think our 3 best players are Cumberland Cane and Logan.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:19 AM   #195
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
he won 30+ games two years running. His way is working. Legend if Mick quits tomorrow I will wager you any amount that we will not win a NCAA championship in the next 20 years regardless who they are able to bring in here. We don't cheat and we are not P-5. I agree with you his last two recruiting classes to this point have been MIA.
He won 30+ games with 2 NBA players and a 3rd "scorer" .... And his philosophy got us what tourney success? The worse loss in my sports watching lifetime?

Look. I'm good with Mick and how he runs the program. Happy with what he's done here.

But if he refuses to change his philosophy then we will never have tourney success. It's that simple.... Why not hire a young brilliant offensive minded guru for the bench? Why does he only have pawns on the bench that are terrified to question his poor logic?
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:30 AM   #196
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He won 30+ games with 2 NBA players and a 3rd "scorer" .... And his philosophy got us what tourney success? The worse loss in my sports watching lifetime?

Look. I'm good with Mick and how he runs the program. Happy with what he's done here.

But if he refuses to change his philosophy then we will never have tourney success. It's that simple.... Why not hire a young brilliant offensive minded guru for the bench? Why does he only have pawns on the bench that are terrified to question his poor logic?
Until we are able to recruit with the big boys again this is the product we are forced to live with. Are you willing to bit the bit for a couple years while Mick changes his philosophy which enables us to win a bunch of games and compete for league and conference titles for the chance we may advance a bit farther in the dance,

And Legend my friend your much to smart a fan to believe the melt down we had in the Nevada game was philosophy.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:44 AM   #197
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Until we are able to recruit with the big boys again this is the product we are forced to live with. Are you willing to bit the bit for a couple years while Mick changes his philosophy which enables us to win a bunch of games and compete for league and conference titles for the chance we may advance a bit farther in the dance,

And Legend my friend your much to smart a fan to believe the melt down we had in the Nevada game was philosophy.
I think mick over coaches his team. There terrified to play basketball for fear of getting yanked. And I think that heavily contributed to Nevada...

There are solutions to the offensive issue. This team has limited talent. The solution is to never be in the half court. Rebound and release. Run teams out of the gym. Even if numbers don't dictate a fast break.

This team has some very high level athletes. There not great basketball players. Play to your strengths mick. Let them run and gun.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:47 AM   #198
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think mick over coaches his team. There terrified to play basketball for fear of getting yanked. And I think that heavily contributed to Nevada...

There are solutions to the offensive issue. This team has limited talent. The solution is to never be in the half court. Rebound and release. Run teams out of the gym. Even if numbers don't dictate a fast break.

This team has some very high level athletes. There not great basketball players. Play to your strengths mick. Let them run and gun.
I don't get the over coached thing. I mean we jack up more threes than any normal team would with this bad of shooters. Seems like they have free range to fire away. He doesn't stand for turnovers or defensive breakdowns which is fine by me.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:52 AM   #199
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
We don't run any type of offense... just guys try to go one on one who don't have the skill to go one on one
Best synopsis on here.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:57 AM   #200
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He picked up two very avoidable fouls. He fouled out in the Nevada game after lobbying Mick to leave him in the game. If I was Coach he would have sat the last 10 minutes last night as well. His fouls were of the dumbest variety. Also we were down 10 points at half. Hardly insurmountable.
He had 2 fouls in the 1H, he ended the game with 2 fouls. He should not have been benched with one foul for so long with the lack of offensive talent.