Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-16-2018, 08:40 AM   #11
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I'm not worried about Cumberland, he is who he is and will be there when we need him. But I agree on seeing Williams continuing his development and cementing his role as a starter. I'm also hoping to see either Broome, Moore or Fredericks finally show up (or Diarra, but that seems unlikely), this team needs one of the backup guard/forwards to take a big step forward on offense.
Haha...you beat me to it
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:02 AM   #12
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Probably need to pump the breaks on KW. It may have been a long time ago but he showed the same stuff last year against the awful teams. They can't deal with his athleticism and don't typically play team defense.

He put up similar performances last year vs Savannah St, Western Carolina, Alabama St, and Arkansas Pine Bluff (107, 128, 148, 112 ORtg. Last game he was 130).

He's going to have to show improvement vs teams that have any athletic ability at all.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:09 AM   #13
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Probably need to pump the breaks on KW. It may have been a long time ago but he showed the same stuff last year against the awful teams. They can't deal with his athleticism and don't typically play team defense.

He put up similar performances last year vs Savannah St, Western Carolina, Alabama St, and Arkansas Pine Bluff (107, 128, 148, 112 ORtg. Last game he was 130).

He's going to have to show improvement vs teams that have any athletic ability at all.
He was a Freshman last year. He has a year in our program and a full off season to improve. I just want to see some consistency from him. He is plenty athletic enough to be a difference maker.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #14
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Cumberland (and Broome if he ever gets to play again) are in for tough seasons. I would expect them both to struggle the majority of the season. Cumberland is still going to get his points, but its going to be hard every game.

If you are another team you simply tell your team never let Cumberland get an easy look. Let anybody else shoot. Guys are going to rotate and help on any drive he attempts (same for the outcast). If he does get some open looks they are likely to be those deeper 3's he's been getting. At least he's hit some of them.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:11 AM   #15
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Would also like to see Broome and Moore get going. We will need contributions from both of them to hit our ceiling.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:12 AM   #16
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
He was a Freshman last year. He has a year in our program and a full off season to improve. I just want to see some consistency from him. He is plenty athletic enough to be a difference maker.

he was a freshman. but he did have performances last year like he had on tuesday (although never got that many minutes cause of the log jam). some people appear to have forgotten that.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:14 AM   #17
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Cumberland (and Broome if he ever gets to play again) are in for tough seasons. I would expect them both to struggle the majority of the season. Cumberland is still going to get his points, but its going to be hard every game.

If you are another team you simply tell your team never let Cumberland get an easy look. Let anybody else shoot. Guys are going to rotate and help on any drive he attempts (same for the outcast). If he does get some open looks they are likely to be those deeper 3's he's been getting. At least he's hit some of them.
He would certainly be the player on our team who I would focus on. I have been at both games and it seems he is forcing things in the early stages of the games. I'm sure he is trying a bit to hard. Need him to play smart and stay within himself. If he is the only player on our team we are in for a long season anyway. Other guys need to step up.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:18 AM   #18
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Milwaukee like to push the ball. They also have a couple of guys that can knock down 3's. Will be interested to see if we continue to press full court.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:19 AM   #19
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
He would certainly be the player on our team who I would focus on. I have been at both games and it seems he is forcing things in the early stages of the games. I'm sure he is trying a bit to hard. Need him to play smart and stay within himself. If he is the only player on our team we are in for a long season anyway. Other guys need to step up.

I just don't want people to think he's had a bad season if his efficiency numbers tank for the season. he's asked to do so much. he's being asked to be SK but without having JJ to take some of the weight off.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #20
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Milwaukee like to push the ball. They also have a couple of guys that can knock down 3's. Will be interested to see if we continue to press full court.

Milwaukee is a bit better defensively than NCC was, that is probably a better test for what our team needs.