Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #181
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
I may be off on Keith Williams that we will find out but all three recruits this year played against top competition in practice and in games so I think their will be less of an adjustment than say a Tre Scott who came from a small town and was by far the biggest and best player on his team.
I hope they all are decent and not the kelvin gains/shaq Thomas project type. I'm kinda over that type of player. I hope our coaching staff is also.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:40 AM   #182
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
I may be off on Keith Williams that we will find out but all three recruits this year played against top competition in practice and in games so I think their will be less of an adjustment than say a Tre Scott who came from a small town and was by far the biggest and best player on his team.
I don't think you are off, I think he is going to be a good player. And definitely could have the same type of impact as Cumberland or Evans. I just don't believe he will be a huge factor his freshman year just because of the guys in front of him. He may end up averaging close to 20 min a game by the end of the season, and he probably will have a couple games like Cumberland and put up 20 or so but I just don't see him being a consistent enough factor to end up averaging double digits.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:05 AM   #183
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
If he scores double digits it's because the team is putting up 100 a game or he's so great he forces Micks hand to play him over Evans or cumberland. I don't see either happening. He will play cumberlands role this year. I think Evans plays as much as possible and Cumberland should push 30 minutes a game, so I just don't see significant minutes for him. Unless his defense is just stellar and Cumberland stays the sixth man, which I don't see either.
Don't sleep on the idea of going Cumberland, Evans, Williams when Clark is out. If Williams gives us more punch than Scott, and is a good defender, no reason we can't use that group together. So he might sneak in some minutes that way. *Not saying Williams will average double digits*
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #184
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Don't sleep on the idea of going Cumberland, Evans, Williams when Clark is out. If Williams gives us more punch than Scott, and is a good defender, no reason we can't use that group together. So he might sneak in some minutes that way. *Not saying Williams will average double digits*
I thought of that too. I'm high on williams, I just think under Mick basketball, a guy isn't going to average 10 plus as a freshman off the bench, especially when he's behind established players. If he does then that would be awesome.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:03 PM   #185
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I thought of that too. I'm high on williams, I just think under Mick basketball, a guy isn't going to average 10 plus as a freshman off the bench, especially when he's behind established players. If he does then that would be awesome.
with the pace picking up next year with JJ and Broom running the point guys are going to be subbing much more then when we were walking the ball up the floor.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #186
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
with the pace picking up next year with JJ and Broom running the point guys are going to be subbing much more then when we were walking the ball up the floor.
I'd be completely surprised if the pace picks up dramatically next year. Sure JJ and Broome probably wont walk the ball up the court, but we're still going to run the same offense. Mick isn't going to just abandon the way he coaches and he isn't going to accept an up and down game allowing his defense to give up lots of points.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #187
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
I'd be completely surprised if the pace picks up dramatically next year. Sure JJ and Broome probably wont walk the ball up the court, but we're still going to run the same offense. Mick isn't going to just abandon the way he coaches and he isn't going to accept an up and down game allowing his defense to give up lots of points.
time will tell. I also think we will go small a bit more next year.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #188
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
time will tell. I also think we will go small a bit more next year.
I don't. Simply because Clark and Washington are seniors. Mick will try to run the offense through them. That means slow the game down, work the ball inside.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:51 PM   #189
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

A few things I am hoping we improve on next year. Dribble penetration by our guards. KJ and TC were really weak in this area. Our best wing getting to the hoop was Cumberland and he didn't do it off the dribble he used a very nice pump fake. To be the player we want Evans to be he really needs to get to the rim off the bounce much more often.

Also want to see our interior defense pick up. Washington needs to take a step forward. He also needs to work on going to his left with his back to the basket.

JJ and Broome will push the ball but they really need to minimize tournovers.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:53 PM   #190
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
I don't. Simply because Clark and Washington are seniors. Mick will try to run the offense through them. That means slow the game down, work the ball inside.
he should work through them. They draw double teams which should free up our wings. Also just because we are working through them doesn't mean we won't run when given the chance. Everything I have heard about Broome is he is a blur. Probably the fastest player we have ever had.