Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Who takes the last shot?
Broome 3 11.11%
Washington 2 7.41%
Clark 2 7.41%
Evans 11 40.74%
Cumberland 5 18.52%
Team effort 4 14.81%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #31
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Hopefully we can have the luxury of whoever is open
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #32
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
If we need a 3 Evans, if we need 2 or less clark
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #33
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
If we need a 3 Evans, if we need 2 or less clark
I think we all trust Clark to make the right play. I'm starting to get sad thinking about him being in his final year. It's going to be really weird when he's gone. He's such a steady force and we never have to worry about him being a liability in any way. I think he's going to go down as one of the all-time favorite players for most of us. Hard to say a negative thing about the guy. I hope he gets the respect he deserves this year and makes AAC 1st team. It was pretty hilarious last year when we went 16-2 in the league and Evans and Clark were nowhere to be found on the conference awards.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #34
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think we all trust Clark to make the right play. I'm starting to get sad thinking about him being in his final year. It's going to be really weird when he's gone. He's such a steady force and we never have to worry about him being a liability in any way. I think he's going to go down as one of the all-time favorite players for most of us. Hard to say a negative thing about the guy. I hope he gets the respect he deserves this year and makes AAC 1st team. It was pretty hilarious last year when we went 16-2 in the league and Evans and Clark were nowhere to be found on the conference awards.
You are right! We have had a mixture in Cronin's tenure of guys who can play some offense and some who are excellent defenders. These may be the top 2 all around players in the Cronin era when you consider both O and D and overall stats. Like you said...you don't have to worry about them when they are on the court...just let them play. They know what to do and they don't complain. EVER!! They don't grandstand when they make a great play.

Two all around great kids. Two very smart players. Not a bad thing to say about either one. They deserve to be on the awards list. If there wasn't so much importance put on ppg in conference awards they would both be unanimous picks for all around game. It's a shame they didn't get recognition. I hope they take it personal and put that chip right on their shoulder and make sure the voters eat some crow this year.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:04 PM   #35
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
After seeing Trevor in workouts this summer, I think you will be way off base on him...
Daaaang, this team is stacked. Can we please have a midnight madness or at least an afternoon one?? Free admission, charge concessions. Get people comfortable going to NKU.

Last edited by ZCat; 08-23-2017 at 09:09 PM.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:17 PM   #36
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
I love Gary Clark. He will absolutely go down as one of my favorite Bearcats in my 25-ish years of fandom.

I'm with others here -- I want Evans looking for his shot on every possession. Same goes for Cumberland. Both are high percentage shooters with the skill to score in multiple ways. I am always a believer in the ball touching the post whenever possible, but I want our wing players to be aggressive. If defenses have to respect their ability to both drive and shoot, we will be very difficult to guard.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #37
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Really think the topic title is a bit misleading. I want the ball in the hands of the guy who is capable of making a good basketball play. That entails finding the open man, Drawing a foul on the opposition or knocking down the open shot.

Nothing about Evans or Clark's game screams those things. Both very good players but neither has shown himself as a guy who is comfortable creating for themselves.

With the clock running down on this team the ball should start in Broome's hand. He gives you all three senarios I mentioned.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:17 PM   #38
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
With the clock running down on this team the ball should start in Broome's hand. He gives you all three senarios I mentioned.
LOL, how could you possibly know this considering you've never seen him play a real game in a Bearcats uniform?

Not saying that he won't ultimately be the best solution, but making that statement today based on nothing but speculation, is completely ridiculous.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:46 PM   #39
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
LOL, how could you possibly know this considering you've never seen him play a real game in a Bearcats uniform?

Not saying that he won't ultimately be the best solution, but making that statement today based on nothing but speculation, is completely ridiculous.
so nice to hear from you. Lol! I am a member of bearcat journal. There has been much talk concerning his abilities and what he has shown to this point. I am basing my opinion on people who have seen him play many times. To your point I would rather see him myself but I have not been afforded that opportunity. So sorry you find my comment completely ridiculous. Didn't mean to disappoint you.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:05 PM   #40
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Broome. Either by creating for others or himself. He's the real deal. It's that simple.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote