Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the Wichita State game?
UC wins by 6+ 8 22.86%
UC wins by 1-5 17 48.57%
Wichita State wins 10 28.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2018, 12:24 AM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@Wichita State

Game is Sunday at Noon on CBS
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:54 AM   #2
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Shammet and Evans both rolled ankles last night. hopefully everyone is healthy for sunday. I don't want to hear fans from either team making excuses for why they lost the game.
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:16 AM   #3
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think we were picked to win the conference by a single vote over WSU?

Let's do this outright!!!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:23 AM   #4
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinal070508 View Post
Shammet and Evans both rolled ankles last night. hopefully everyone is healthy for sunday. I don't want to hear fans from either team making excuses for why they lost the game.
Shamet lost his shoe and then kept playing, two completely different things
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:38 AM   #5
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Cronin said on the radio post game show, he is happy for the guys these last two games are on big network games. Love that Sunday is on CBS, and he talked about how we rarely lose to the same team twice in a season. Really sounded like UC, players and coaches are really focused on getting another shot at WSU. We will have to play our most complete game. I look at this match up as a round of 32 or S16 level game. Regardless, this is a great game entering March Madness.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
On top of the outright regular season title, there'll be a big difference in the conference tourney between a 1 and a 2 seed.

A 1 seed likely means facing UConn/SMU in the quarters (both teams are pretty defeated at this point), then likely the winner of Tulsa/Memphis (less dangerous teams) in the semis before facing a tough opponent in the finals.

A 2 seed could mean facing a more dangerous Temple team in the quarters and Houston in the semis.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:39 AM   #7
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Shamet lost his shoe and then kept playing, two completely different things
Taylor rolled up on his leg be didn't just lose a shoe. He was limping around after. Evans would have come in if we were playing in a close game. Luckily it was tulane
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #8
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinal070508 View Post
Taylor rolled up on his leg be didn't just lose a shoe. He was limping around after. Evans would have come in if we were playing in a close game. Luckily it was tulane
The announcer made shamets fall out to be way more than it was, Shamet was in the moment and embellishing it and walked away. Evans clearly sprained his ankle and couldn’t put any pressure on it, completely different things
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:03 AM   #9
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Watched it. Shamets looked bad, but the fact he got his foot out of his shoe is what saved him from a worse injury in my opinion.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Cronin said on the radio post game show, he is happy for the guys these last two games are on big network games. Love that Sunday is on CBS, and he talked about how we rarely lose to the same team twice in a season. Really sounded like UC, players and coaches are really focused on getting another shot at WSU. We will have to play our most complete game. I look at this match up as a round of 32 or S16 level game. Regardless, this is a great game entering March Madness.
Easily a Sweet 16 type of game if not Elite 8 type. The only comparable game this weekend is Duke vs NC.

I agree our coach and players seem to have the right mentality right now. Treat it like an all or nothing game!! They don't want to share the title and they want some payback. Some pride is at stake with not losing to the same team twice as well as making a statement to WSU that this is our conference and we are not sharing it with a first year member.

I hope Evans is a full go 100% healthy!! If not...I think we still have an outside chance with the way Broome has been playing.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote