Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #561
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Seriously. Dude could have picked Nevada because his great grandpa went there. Who the hell knows.
It seems like Mick and co are at least in the conversation for higher rates players in 19 and 20, which is better than 17-18, at this point in the recruiting stage thats all we can ask for
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #562
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
Seriously. Dude could have picked Nevada because his great grandpa went there. Who the hell knows.
It seems like Mick and co are at least in the conversation for higher rates players in 19 and 20, which is better than 17-18, at this point in the recruiting stage thats all we can ask for
Kinda like how Gaffney's dad played at UC.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #563
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyfromNKY View Post
Exactly. There are three boxes that need to be checked for a college coach. Regular season success, tournament appearances and long tournament runs. He has checked off two of the three and now he needs to look himself in the mirror and figure how to check off the third box.
I definitely agree with this.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #564
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
I believe we do have the right staff to do it for several reasons: we continually get to the tournament, 7-8 years in a row, and we have had back to back 30 win seasons. Also, I believe Cronin has shown an ability to adapt his recruiting strategy based on the results on the floor. Seven or eight years ago he recruited athletes that needed someone to teach them offense. He realized that wasn't working, mainly because he has trouble teaching offense, so he started recruiting more offensive minded players and teach them defense. Based on this I expect him to continue to adapt and find UC quality players who will help us advance.
I hope so. But the "offensive revolution" that got us Clark, Evans, Washington, Broome and Cumberland could be over after this year. I'm just not sure how many guys in the new core after them are going to be at that level. Even Jon Rothstein says our roster makeup is not that of an AAC Champion next year.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #565
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Young man there has been nothing more tiring then your spiel since our last game. Without knowing why the player picked that school or what inducements May have been used it is really foolish to speculate. It is fun though.
At least it is appropriate timing
Old 05-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #566
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
It's not a spiel. It is realistic thinking.

I'm interested in what your conclusion on UC basketball is based on Nevada getting a 5*. Last year Western Kentucky got a 5* and look how impactful that was to their program. Stuff happens in recruiting and this is one of those things. Absolutely nothing can be concluded on UC basketball and Mick Cronin as a coach because a 5* choose Nevada in the middle of May.
My conclusion is that Nevada doesn't seem to sit around and whine all the time that everything is unfair.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #567
GuyfromNKY

GuyfromNKY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
My conclusion is that Nevada doesn't seem to sit around and whine all the time that everything is unfair.
What are you talking about? How do you know that? When has anyone associated with UC said something is unfair? You’re just making stuff up to prove whatever point you’re trying to make. And I have no idea what that point is.
GuyfromNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 09:02 PM   #568
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I definitely agree with this.
2/3 by my math is 66.7%. A “D”.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:26 PM   #569
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
What are you talking about? How do you know that? When has anyone associated with UC said something is unfair? You’re just making stuff up to prove whatever point you’re trying to make. And I have no idea what that point is.
You gotta be shitting me.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:27 AM   #570
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
At least it is appropriate timing
I give you that.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote