Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-14-2018, 04:25 AM   #71
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
yeah i guess we should rely on a guy with no track record for making shots to toss up the worst shot in basketball multiple times a game.
Lol they are wide open looks, if that’s what the defense gives you, you have to take it man, he made all of his shots, your wrong, back down
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:29 AM   #72
BearcatsNE

BearcatsNE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Cane was completely outplayed by Keith Williams. Cane didn't make a shot in 14 minutes and had 2 TO's with 0 assist. He was also terrible in game one. Here is a novel concept if he wants more playing time be less reliant on what he did at Sacred Heart and build his resume here insteading of blaming the the coach for his lack of success. He is competing with Keith Williams for PT and from game experience I have seen Williams is earning the minutes.
A quote from his dad “if anyone wants to know about the Cane feel free to call or message him”
BearcatsNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:29 AM   #73
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Didn't see the game. Did we make a basket?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:01 AM   #74
collards

collards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
What Cronin has done to Broome is criminal. Dude came into UC being able to score now he has zero confidence whatsoever. Unfortunately UC needed him last year and even more so this year and doesn't look like he is going to live up to his potential here.

Jennifer is what he is. Looks good against bad competition and looks bad against good competition. Misses wide open looks when it counts and it too small to be effective.
He was so messed up when he got in, that he jacked up a real far 3 and drove into traffic. he stood around at times on O, but hustled on D. MC needs to be a real coach, get off of Cane's ass and work on his head to salvage him for this season.

Boo MC
collards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:10 AM   #75
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsNE View Post
First off Cane isn’t blaming anyone but it clear he’s being blamed for the most of the things that didn’t go well in game 1. So to say Cane is blaming the coach is false I said that and so do countless others. And if you think that kid got a fair shake from the start you’re wrong we all see it. So again I’m blaming Cronin for Cane’s poor start. As you seen last night he went from starter in 1 game to 4th or 5th of the bench. And for what reason he didn’t get enough deflections but he didn’t get scored on he just getting enough deflections. Wait and now it’s when Cane, Justin and Jarron is on the floor they’re defense suffers because they’re to small. So how it that Cane’s wrong doing. Last year we saw that Cane out played Justin and he wasn’t rewarded. So things will never change with this guy ever.
I guess will have to agree to disagree. I have a different view and I’ll leave it at that. Two players stood out for me last night Keith Williams and JJ. Jenifer was all over the floor last night diving for loose balls and netting 6 assist without a TO. Keith scored at every level and had 3 blocked shots to go with career high in points. Both players picked up the slack in first half when Jarron was a bit off.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:42 AM   #76
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
The starters looked pretty good out there. LoJo also had a nice game. Eliel was Eliel.

Broome, Moore, and Fredericks need to get going in a positive direction soon. Good to see Williams step up but we don't need these 3 others going backwards. Especially Broome...we need him to have some confidence and not be frustrated all year.

Nice to see Diara even for 4 minutes out there.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:50 AM   #77
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
The starters looked pretty good out there. LoJo also had a nice game. Eliel was Eliel.

Broome, Moore, and Fredericks need to get going in a positive direction soon. Good to see Williams step up but we don't need these 3 others going backwards. Especially Broome...we need him to have some confidence and not be frustrated all year.

Nice to see Diara even for 4 minutes out there.
JJ also had a very nice game. Keith Williams was a beast last night. 3 blocks to go along with a very impressive stat line.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:51 AM   #78
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
yeah i guess we should rely on a guy with no track record for making shots to toss up the worst shot in basketball multiple times a game.
I think Scott is 7 of 8 from two point range on the year and the one he missed I think may have been contested at the rim. On his jump shots so far I am not even sure he has hit the rim...lol!

Keep shooting as long as he can make 50% plus on the mid range shot I am good. If he can make 33% from three that is just going to be an unexpected bonus this year. That will be huge if he can help us stretch the floor so we can keep him from clogging the lane with the other big.

He is only 1 of 3 from three point range this year but that may as well be 2 of 4 because the one from last night he basically had his big toe on the line. His stroke has been impressive.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #79
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsNE View Post
First off Cane isn’t blaming anyone but it clear he’s being blamed for the most of the things that didn’t go well in game 1. So to say Cane is blaming the coach is false I said that and so do countless others. And if you think that kid got a fair shake from the start you’re wrong we all see it. So again I’m blaming Cronin for Cane’s poor start. As you seen last night he went from starter in 1 game to 4th or 5th of the bench. And for what reason he didn’t get enough deflections but he didn’t get scored on he just getting enough deflections. Wait and now it’s when Cane, Justin and Jarron is on the floor they’re defense suffers because they’re to small. So how it that Cane’s wrong doing. Last year we saw that Cane out played Justin and he wasn’t rewarded. So things will never change with this guy ever.

the intelligent fans understand its personal with mick and cane. there is no game tape from last year that shows jenifer is anywhere close to cane as a player. the mick lovers will just spew the crap mick says.

justin and keith had good games vs one of the worst teams in D1. good for them that they played well. neither have proven the ability to do it against good competition. cane has. look at his xavier, florida, ucla, wichita st games last year. cane was great the last 5 games of the regular season last year and mick was letting him go. then all the sudden the conference tournament got here and mick went right back to mind games and pulling him after 1 mistake and cane played poorly the rest of the way.

everybody with a brain sees the talent, but mick has been playing head games with him since he got here and shows no signs of stopping. it hurts cane and it hurts the team. you can't rip a guys confidence apart and then expect him to play flawless. as a coach its your job to build it back up.

this years team wont reach their full potential without cane just like last years team didn't.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #80
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
What Cronin has done to Broome is criminal. Dude came into UC being able to score now he has zero confidence whatsoever. Unfortunately UC needed him last year and even more so this year and doesn't look like he is going to live up to his potential here.

Jennifer is what he is. Looks good against bad competition and looks bad against good competition. Misses wide open looks when it counts and it too small to be effective.
I agree. After last nights game I texted my friend and said “Cronin has ruined Cane”

We need cane to be successful this season. We need Moore to hit shots, kid looks super frustrated. I’m excited by some kids but very concerned with this year unless Cane gets to be what we need him to be.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote