Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Keith Williams was great
Tre Scott was great
Jenifer was good
Brooks was good
Cumberland was good

Everyone else was meh

Mamadou looks way more athletic than he did last year in the red&black scrimmage
The problem is Jenifer and Brooks usually look great against these lower level teams. They are solid players but they are good enough to have us beating the better teams. We need Williams to donwhatbhe did, we need Cumberland to be fantastic. We need Logan Johnson bring his d and effort and we need Cane Broome.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:25 AM   #82
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
the intelligent fans understand its personal with mick and cane. there is no game tape from last year that shows jenifer is anywhere close to cane as a player. the mick lovers will just spew the crap mick says.

justin and keith had good games vs one of the worst teams in D1. good for them that they played well. neither have proven the ability to do it against good competition. cane has. look at his xavier, florida, ucla, wichita st games last year. cane was great the last 5 games of the regular season last year and mick was letting him go. then all the sudden the conference tournament got here and mick went right back to mind games and pulling him after 1 mistake and cane played poorly the rest of the way.

everybody with a brain sees the talent, but mick has been playing head games with him since he got here and shows no signs of stopping. it hurts cane and it hurts the team. you can't rip a guys confidence apart and then expect him to play flawless. as a coach its your job to build it back up.

this years team wont reach their full potential without cane just like last years team didn't.
I see where you are coming from. There's also stuff we don't see everyday. We go by what happens in a game for 2 hours when Cronin is around them everyday. We don't see practices, we don't see Jennifer coming in 2.5 hours before shoot around. Does Cane put in the effort and work? I have no clue, but I do agree he has proven himself in big games. What ever is going on it needs to be figured out, because we do need Cane. I am a Cronin supporter and a Cane supporter, but we don't know what goes on outside of games and practices and so on.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:40 AM   #83
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I see where you are coming from. There's also stuff we don't see everyday. We go by what happens in a game for 2 hours when Cronin is around them everyday. We don't see practices, we don't see Jennifer coming in 2.5 hours before shoot around. Does Cane put in the effort and work? I have no clue, but I do agree he has proven himself in big games. What ever is going on it needs to be figured out, because we do need Cane. I am a Cronin supporter and a Cane supporter, but we don't know what goes on outside of games and practices and so on.

we are in big time collegiate athletics. if we are giving PT to guys because they show up early for practice, but are still worse players, then we're doing it wrong.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:06 AM   #84
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Still impressed with Logan out there. I love that he can finish on either side of the rim with either hand! Our two other lefties are pretty much limited to finishing on the left side with the left hand.

He and Keith are probably the only two who understand how to use the basket to shield the defender down there.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:14 AM   #85
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Still impressed with Logan out there. I love that he can finish on either side of the rim with either hand! Our two other lefties are pretty much limited to finishing on the left side with the left hand.

he already appears to be our best on ball defender of all the guards. you'd think that would get him minutes on a mick cronin team.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:21 AM   #86
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Last year on a post game show Cronin said that he questioned Cane's commitment to the team
Old 11-14-2018, 09:27 AM   #87
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
he already appears to be our best on ball defender of all the guards. you'd think that would get him minutes on a mick cronin team.
I agree. And guess who's minutes he is going to eat into? It doesn't look like it will be Jenifer
Old 11-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #88
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
If UC is going to win big games they need to shoot better than 50% from the FT line, they are 66% so far this season.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #89
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Last year on a post game show Cronin said that he questioned Cane's commitment to the team
I don't think this is about turnovers anymore. I am sure it's a more complex dynamic that is going on between them. Maybe effort or attitude or ideology.

There is only going to be one coach out there and the faster the players learn that the better their chances will be. It is what it is.

Cronin will let you play as long as you do his "first things first". It's going to be a long year if Cane dominates the subject matter on here much of the time. I'm pretty sure he knows by now what is being asked of him. The question is...will he capitulate to the coach and try to enjoy what's left of his college career?
Old 11-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #90
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
It's not like Cane signed here as a free agent because the owner gave the ok and the coach didnt want him. Mick recruited him here so he wanted him here.

It's on Cane, and any other guard, to know this is not a place they're going to get to play freestyle.

You dont play D, you dont play. It's like that for every player here, Cane needs to either play D or he'll sit. Like it or not that's the reality with this program
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote