Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2018, 11:48 AM   #31
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
My concern with Broome is his lack of size. Last year, he was surrounded by scoring threats and thus did not have the defense focusing on him. He was being guarded by the other teams PG. This year, they will likely have their SG and/or 2nd best defender on him - likely a guy who is 6' 5" and a very good athlete.

It's a lot harder to create when teams evaluate you as the teams 2nd best scorer then it is when teams evaluate you as the 4th or 5th best scorer. Hopefully, as other players (Scott, Williams, Johnson and even Brooks/Nsoseme) develop into bigger scoring threats it will make it easier on Broome. This is true for Cumberland as well, but Cumberland is big and strong enough that he can take the other teams best defender. Cumberland is also such a good passer that it keeps opposing D's a little more honest.
Yes it's going to be tougher to score for everyone. We just have to knock down our open looks at an acceptable rate to take some of the pressure off of Cumberland or Broome. Put a couple of buckets in from the block as well. We gotta make at least 1 out of 3 from deep.

Easier said than done I guess but no excuse for missing that many open shots and bunnies really. It should come along.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:57 PM   #32
86Bearcat

86Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
UW Milwaukee Panthers (0-3)
Friday, November 16th
7:00 PM Fox Sports OH
UC -21.5

I say final will be 78 to 55

Is this game on Fox Sports Ohio? My ESPN app says ESPN3, the gobearcats site has a link to watchespn. It was a cluster the night trying to find the game. Don't want a repeat of that.

My out of town son watched North Carolina Central on the ESPN app. Locally we had to watch it on foxsportgo app. Late in the 2nd half I found the game on the Fox Sports Alternate channel via Fioptics but the game was listed as something else in the guide.

Last edited by 86Bearcat; 11-16-2018 at 02:59 PM.
86Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #33
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I'm not worried about Cumberland, he is who he is and will be there when we need him. But I agree on seeing Williams continuing his development and cementing his role as a starter. I'm also hoping to see either Broome, Moore or Fredericks finally show up (or Diarra, but that seems unlikely), this team needs one of the backup guard/forwards to take a big step forward on offense.
I tend to be the result oriented. Loyalty to players who have been there for you is important, results matter more. Hell, if Sam Martin can consistently hit threes and defend? He’s my starter. If Keith Williams can start to dominate like he did in the last game I don’t care if Broome sits on the bench all year.
Obviously we need contributions from everyone and team chemistry is important, but you gotta go with who gives you the results
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:23 PM   #34
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Bearcat View Post
Is this game on Fox Sports Ohio? My ESPN app says ESPN3, the gobearcats site has a link to watchespn. It was a cluster the night trying to find the game. Don't want a repeat of that.

My out of town son watched North Carolina Central on the ESPN app. Locally we had to watch it on foxsportgo app. Late in the 2nd half I found the game on the Fox Sports Alternate channel via Fioptics but the game was listed as something else in the guide.
Thinking only on espn3...
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:14 PM   #35
Chris Mack's Father

Chris Mack's Father is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if this will be televised on any other channel besides ESPN 3? Thanks
Chris Mack's Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #36
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
We need Cane to get on track today and all the drama to be put to rest. Would love to see Trevor his a few 3s.
Agree. And I’d settle for 1 3 from the pure shooter. He has to get it going.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #37
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Cronin put Cane back in the starting lineup. Good to see a merit has nothing to do with who starts.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #38
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
Cronin put Cane back in the starting lineup. Good to see a merit has nothing to do with who starts.
let the games begin!
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:45 PM   #39
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
Good, let’s hope he provides some positive impact early.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #40
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Didn’t realize Jennifer has a stomach virus. I hope he feels better but we missed a huge opportunity-should’ve started Kevin Johnson big mistake.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote