Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2020, 08:12 PM   #101
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
BS dude.

A player who had Covid earlier in the summer just collapsed today.

I have a month old baby myself and I don’t hang out with friends anymore. It’s sucks but we stay home to one protect my pregnant wife & now to protect my newborn who can’t be vaccinated even when we have it bc of her age.

What a D bag thing to say.

Ban me or whatever but you’re a huge D bag for telling an unpaid athlete he shouldn’t do what he thinks is best. I mean after all this was the first road trip, maybe he or his partner or who ever wasn’t comfortable going to play a team who’s season opening games were all cancelled due to Covid.

Players have unfortunately collapsed prior to covid. I think it is a bit premature to try and link the Florida players collapse to a prior covid infection.

That being said Dou should do what he thinks is best for himself/family regardless if it was health or pt issues.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:38 PM   #102
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Lol.

Last I checked this pandemic has been going on since last March? Maybe a discussion or two with his partner prior to the season starting?

This screams grad transfer took my minutes and I'm out.
Even if Dou is out because of lack of minutes, I don't blame him. He should do what he feels is best for himself.

Many wanted a coach who would recruit over guys and force players out. They weren't happy that Cronin essentially guaranteed playing time if a guy stuck to the system.

This is the other side of the coin. We saw it with Sorolla, with Trevor Moore and with Diarra (if it is a playing time issue). You don't get to choose when a guy leaves, if he's not happy on the team, he's often not going to wait until the end of the season.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:43 PM   #103
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Even if Dou is out because of lack of minutes, I don't blame him. He should do what he feels is best for himself.

Many wanted a coach who would recruit over guys and force players out. They weren't happy that Cronin essentially guaranteed playing time if a guy stuck to the system.

This is the other side of the coin. We saw it with Sorolla, with Trevor Moore and with Diarra (if it is a playing time issue). You don't get to choose when a guy leaves, if he's not happy on the team, he's often not going to wait until the end of the season.
Agreed. He should do what he thinks is best. There will always be someone wanting to play.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:51 PM   #104
huggsforlife

huggsforlife is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Bcatfollower;209701]Down 6 to the 12 team in the country. Agreed
This is TENN 2nd game of the year. They don’t look like a top 20 team. Mick reincarnated. Maybe they get better after a few games and we got lucky to get them early (like X was against us) but they aren’t a
Balanced team. Defense A offense C+
huggsforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:55 PM   #105
huggsforlife

huggsforlife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Agreed. He needs to find a good center. And that's very tough.

Curious what the twins bring. Surprised they can't sniff any minutes.
One of the twins can light it up. The other was to keep him company. However even the shooter has to be set up. I like Davenport. No fear. They need that from him. That will open things up. Vogt is not great but very serviceable in the AAC-in fact above average. Brannen needs to find the right balance. You look at this year and see how great Cumberland was.
huggsforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 09:12 PM   #106
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggsforlife View Post
One of the twins can light it up. The other was to keep him company. However even the shooter has to be set up. I like Davenport. No fear. They need that from him. That will open things up. Vogt is not great but very serviceable in the AAC-in fact above average. Brannen needs to find the right balance. You look at this year and see how great Cumberland was.
Not sure I agree. While originally true. Mason is a better shooter and gritty as hell. He's just undersized compared to Gabe
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 08:41 AM   #107
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
I think you are jumping to conclusions on Dou. He has always had a great attitude and I don't think he quits mid-season because someone starts playing over him. Yesterday was a great example of where he would have been needed and PT would have been his.

He can still come back. As far as I know (and I haven't kept up on this thread) he hasn't declared that he is transferring.

As to the team, they are ridiculously young. They have two guys, KW and Dou, who have more than a year experience with the team. That's insane. Factor in that KW just isn't a good enough player to shoulder the load and it spells trouble. Need to get the young guys to continue developing because they look promising.

And don't expect much for the Madsen's, their defense will keep them on the bench for the time being.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #108
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I think you are jumping to conclusions on Dou. He has always had a great attitude and I don't think he quits mid-season because someone starts playing over him. Yesterday was a great example of where he would have been needed and PT would have been his.

He can still come back. As far as I know (and I haven't kept up on this thread) he hasn't declared that he is transferring.

As to the team, they are ridiculously young. They have two guys, KW and Dou, who have more than a year experience with the team. That's insane. Factor in that KW just isn't a good enough player to shoulder the load and it spells trouble. Need to get the young guys to continue developing because they look promising.

And don't expect much for the Madsen's, their defense will keep them on the bench for the time being.
Hard to imagine their d could be worse than our slow footed guards... other than Saunders and Harvey.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:14 AM   #109
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Hard to imagine their d could be worse than our slow footed guards... other than Saunders and Harvey.
Perhaps hard for you, not for me. Who are either of them going to take minute from? It's not like these sub top100 recruits are going to come in and start dominating. They are program guys and are going to take time. Factor in that they can't play defense and have never played college ball you are expecting way too much.

UC's defensive problem is they have no rim protector. Yes, they are slow on perimeter defense but again, DJ is going to play, KW (his defense sucks) is going to play. Plus, they held UT to 32% from 2, 18% from 3. UT scored because of FT's, a lot of them were very bogus.

I love Saunders BTW. I think he needs more PT, and will probably eventually take it from MAW.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:27 AM   #110
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Perhaps hard for you, not for me. Who are either of them going to take minute from? It's not like these sub top100 recruits are going to come in and start dominating. They are program guys and are going to take time. Factor in that they can't play defense and have never played college ball you are expecting way too much.

UC's defensive problem is they have no rim protector. Yes, they are slow on perimeter defense but again, DJ is going to play, KW (his defense sucks) is going to play. Plus, they held UT to 32% from 2, 18% from 3. UT scored because of FT's, a lot of them were very bogus.

I love Saunders BTW. I think he needs more PT, and will probably eventually take it from MAW.
All of our players other than Eason and Harvey are sub 100 recruits. However, I’m sure if they could make a difference they would be in the game, so I’m not arguing that. I’m just saying our guard d is already awful.... and they don’t shoot well.

I’d also say they will probably transfer if they don’t see the court.