Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-25-2020, 02:40 PM   #401
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
I like Alex O’Connell too. Think he’d be great at a league below the acc like the American. Especially if he had to sit out a year and get better. That one is probably a long shot though.

And the Quinnipiac guy that lead the nation in rebounding. Those would be best case scenario in my opinion. Probably really low odds.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:50 PM   #402
cincyguy13
Epic Member

I know we will get a big transfer. I would like a level above sorrolla but I would also take a sorrolla level player. Be able to make a layup and be mobile. I think Eason, dou, and Vogt will be okay for our league. If dou improves, they could be really good.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:14 PM   #403
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
From Cincy, at one time wanted to play in the city. I would say us and Xavier have a good shot. Will also be playing time. Have to think he’d start over the freshman. Mika move to off guard.
It’s so hard to even think about basketball right now.

But yea, I know Louisville is checking in too.

This is the kinda player we need to make a tourney push.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:19 PM   #404
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I know we will get a big transfer. I would like a level above sorrolla but I would also take a sorrolla level player. Be able to make a layup and be mobile. I think Eason, dou, and Vogt will be okay for our league. If dou improves, they could be really good.
I still want a playmaker on this team.

I’m not going to rely on the freshman to be game changers yet. So I think getting a guy who can pass and also get his own is going to be a big key. MAW could blossom into it but to me, I didn’t see a guy who really set up his teammates.

We need either a pass first veteran pg not named Chris McNeal or a good combo guard.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:33 PM   #405
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Carlik is the legendary "Bulldog" cousin and best of friends with Jarron. Mack or Mick didnt reach out to him coming out of high school and family didnt like that. He wouldnt transferred if he didnt want come home. His mom has HUGE influence on his decisions and she was wearing X shirt on social media just yesterday(she's a delta so she never wear blue) so that's not good look. This bigger than getting Carlik also, the Taft and Woodward studs following after Jones whichever local team he joins.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:45 PM   #406
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Carlik is the legendary "Bulldog" cousin and best of friends with Jarron. Mack or Mick didnt reach out to him coming out of high school and family didnt like that. He wouldnt transferred if he didnt want come home. His mom has HUGE influence on his decisions and she was wearing X shirt on social media just yesterday(she's a delta so she never wear blue) so that's not good look. This bigger than getting Carlik also, the Taft and Woodward studs following after Jones whichever local team he joins.
With Tandy and sruggs, I wouldn’t see as much playing time at Xavier for him. Unless someone leaves. Which is possible. Here he could probably start day one. If that’s important to him. Never know. Maybe he wants to play in the big East. Who knows, we will see
Old 03-26-2020, 12:39 AM   #407
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Yeah, Xavier has a good number of combo and two guards that are fairly highly rated. They need more wings and bigs (doesn't everyone?). Who knows? X is certainly lacking depth overall.

But I'd say there is more space on the roster at UC for someone who can probably be a starter with the youth we have. Seems like a kid in his situation could really help UC and make a mark.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:57 AM   #408
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
https://247sports.com/college/basket...ini-145409964/

A few words from Carlik on the recruitment process so far.

Sounds like Chris Mack is going hard after the guys he wants; he was the first coach I think that BG's Justin Turner mentioned yesterday in a podcast I listened to with Jeff Goodman.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:12 AM   #409
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
https://247sports.com/college/basket...ini-145409964/

A few words from Carlik on the recruitment process so far.

Sounds like Chris Mack is going hard after the guys he wants; he was the first coach I think that BG's Justin Turner mentioned yesterday in a podcast I listened to with Jeff Goodman.
Jeff Goodman is great friends with Mack. He’s always going to Mack sound good. Not saying those things aren’t true, just consider the source
Old 03-26-2020, 12:59 PM   #410
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Just read a tweet saying we made the "final 11" cut for Georgia Tech grad transfer Evan Cole.

Of the 11 schools listed, the only high majors are BYU, Ohio State, Washington State and us (and Boise State if you consider that high major).

Of the big men we're looking at right now, he seems to be the best option considering the level of competition he's faced over his career and his strong ability to rebound.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote