Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #31
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
That's what some said about Cronin when he took over the helm at UC. They were wrong, and so are you about Tuberville. He knows how to build a program, and will do so for the long run. Not for a quick fix until their 'dream' job opens up, like the previous 3 coaches did. The recruiting is improving and UC will likely have their highest ranked class ever. For anyone to act like they know that he will 'ruin' the program is just ignorant.
Mick Cronin will likely go down as the most successful coach in UC history. Tuberville will go down as the retread that our former AD hired with no interview (still blows my mind) and the guy responsible for undoing the great progress of the last decade. You can take this to the bank, I have rarely (if ever) been wrong about anything on this board. Weren't you one of the guys hating on me when I said UC would get blown out by Ohio State way back in the summer?
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:11 PM   #32
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Mick Cronin will likely go down as the most successful coach in UC history. Tuberville will go down as the retread that our former AD hired with no interview (still blows my mind) and the guy responsible for undoing the great progress of the last decade. You can take this to the bank, I have rarely (if ever) been wrong about anything on this board. Weren't you one of the guys hating on me when I said UC would get blown out by Ohio State way back in the summer?
You are clueless. I am sure you are rarely if ever wrong. Glad you're back to doing what you know best. Letting people on an anonymous message board know how brilliant you are. Makes you feel better about yourself, I imagine. Btw, I think you said they would lose by more than 28 points to OSU. Being such a great Bearcat supporter, you must have been sweating when the score was 33-28 in the 3rd quarter. Feels good to root against them, doesn't it?
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:15 PM   #33
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He was at SEC schools with really good staffs and good players. You guys will see in due time how he ruins this program.
Not being in the Big East is a bigger problem. While it wasn't a great football conference, it was much better than the AAC/C-USA lite. It is going to be much harder to recruit now, and Tuberville is a decent coach who is much better than you give him credit for. He has won more than 7 games 12 times in his career and he has an overall record of 141-82. He isn't going to give us undefeated seasons or tons of excitement/buzz like Brian Kelly, but there are very few coaches who can. Tuberville is consistent and he will keep us competitive.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #34
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Not being in the Big East is a bigger problem. While it wasn't a great football conference, it was much better than the AAC/C-USA lite. It is going to be much harder to recruit now, and Tuberville is a decent coach who is much better than you give him credit for. He has won more than 7 games 12 times in his career and he has an overall record of 141-82. He isn't going to give us undefeated seasons or tons of excitement/buzz like Brian Kelly, but there are very few coaches who can. Tuberville is consistent and he will keep us competitive.
Since "resigning" from Auburn, Tuberville hasn't been a successful coach. He was 9-17 in the Big 12 over his three years at Texas Tech and if you add in his last year at Auburn his conference record over his 4 years before coming to UC was 11-23. Tuberville WAS a pretty good coach when you had a good staff around him...and he clearly doesn't have that here. The game has clearly passed him by, and we are going to pay for it in a major way. We all know why he is here...in his own words during the 2012 Belk Bowl..."I am done playing in big, prime time games"
Old 10-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #35
anbuc88
Elite Member

Quote:
Since "resigning" from Auburn, Tuberville hasn't been a successful coach. He was 9-17 in the Big 12 over his three years at Texas Tech and if you add in his last year at Auburn his conference record over his 4 years before coming to UC was 11-23. Tuberville WAS a pretty good coach when you had a good staff around him...and he clearly doesn't have that here. The game has clearly passed him by, and we are going to pay for it in a major way. We all know why he is here...in his own words during the 2012 Belk Bowl..."I am done playing in big, prime time games"
I call BS. Provide a link where he said this. You really think a coach taking a new job would say that he is coming to said school because he doesn't want to play in big games? Really??? I'm sure the administration and fans of that school would all be up in arms. How come none of us were? Are you the only one who cares about winning?
Old 10-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #36
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbuc88 View Post
I call BS. Provide a link where he said this. You really think a coach taking a new job would say that he is coming to said school because he doesn't want to play in big games? Really??? I'm sure the administration and fans of that school would all be up in arms. How come none of us were? Are you the only one who cares about winning?
I am still looking for the video of that Belk Bowl interview but here are the tweets reacting

Matt Barrie ‏@MattBarrieESPN 27 Dec 2012
Tommy Tuberville just said on @ESPN that he's over that point in his career where he wants to always play in big games an always be on TV.

Totally Texas Tech ‏@ttu_red 27 Dec 2012
"I'm done with playing in big games and on television." Quote by new Cincinnati HC Tommy Tuberville. I bet Cincy fans are excited by that!

Van Plexico ‏@VanAllenPlexico 27 Dec 2012
"I'm over that whole winning big games and being on TV." --Tommy Tuberville just now, on why he went to Cincinnati. Ooookay...
Old 10-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #37
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am still looking for the video of that Belk Bowl interview but here are the tweets reacting

Matt Barrie ‏@MattBarrieESPN 27 Dec 2012
Tommy Tuberville just said on @ESPN that he's over that point in his career where he wants to always play in big games an always be on TV.

Totally Texas Tech ‏@ttu_red 27 Dec 2012
"I'm done with playing in big games and on television." Quote by new Cincinnati HC Tommy Tuberville. I bet Cincy fans are excited by that!

Van Plexico ‏@VanAllenPlexico 27 Dec 2012
"I'm over that whole winning big games and being on TV." --Tommy Tuberville just now, on why he went to Cincinnati. Ooookay...
I don't want to doubt you, but I would like to see the video myself. If he actually said that, holy hell... he should have never been hired in the first place.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #38
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I don't want to doubt you, but I would like to see the video myself. If he actually said that, holy hell... he should have never been hired in the first place.
He 100% said that, I remember hearing that live and being confused. It was during the 2012 Belk Bowl- when UC was playing Duke-- and Mike Patrick and the color guy were interviewing him when he was wearing that leather jacket.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #39
anbuc88
Elite Member

Quote:
He 100% said that, I remember hearing that live and being confused. It was during the 2012 Belk Bowl- when UC was playing Duke-- and Mike Patrick and the color guy were interviewing him when he was wearing that leather jacket.
BS. You are taking it out of context. If you really think that you value winning more that he does, then I'm not sure what to say. I've met him, spoken to him, and you have no clue as to his desire to win. You just sit behind a keyboard and type garbage as if you are an authority on the subject of football. Tuberville has forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know. You can take that to the bank.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #40
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Possibly some good news guys! I read on @Footballscoop that Tuberville is a darkhorse for the SMU job along with Clemson OC Chad Morris. How amazing would that be?