Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2019, 12:04 PM   #1
Queens_NYC
Elite Member
 
Queens_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 881
Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
UConn Game Thread

Wednesday, January 1st, 2020
7:00 PM
Fifth Third Arena
CBSSN

UConn (9-3, NET #70) open the new decade with their most promising squad in 4 years under 2nd year head coach Dan Hurley. They're led by a strong veteran core (Vital, Gilbert, Carlton and Polley) that is paired with some of the best young talent in the league (Akok Akok 3 blocks per game, James Bouknight 47% 3 FG).

Although they've played one of the league's softer OOC schedules, this UConn team seems to be particularly stronger on the defensive end holding opponents to only 62 ppg so far on 38.5% FGs and 29.1% 3 FGs.

Wednesday will mark UConn's first true road game of the season. Last year their only road win came @ECU and their only road wins of the 17-18 season came @ECU and @Tulane.

We currently hold a 7-game winning streak over the Huskies and a win on New Year's Day would certainly set the tone for what is hopefully a 4-0 start to AAC play.

Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:13 PM   #2
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,400
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Wednesday, January 1st, 2020
7:00 PM
Fifth Third Arena
CBSSN

UConn (9-3, NET #70) open the new decade with their most promising squad in 4 years under 2nd year head coach Dan Hurley. They're led by a strong veteran core (Vital, Gilbert, Carlton and Polley) that is paired with some of the best young talent in the league (Akok Akok 3 blocks per game, James Bouknight 47% 3 FG).

Although they've played one of the league's softer OOC schedules, this UConn team seems to be particularly stronger on the defensive end holding opponents to only 62 ppg so far on 38.5% FGs and 29.1% 3 FGs.

Wednesday will mark UConn's first true road game of the season. Last year their only road win came @ECU and their only road wins of the 17-18 season came @ECU and @Tulane.

We currently hold a 7-game winning streak over the Huskies and a win on New Year's Day would certainly set the tone for what is hopefully a 4-0 start to AAC play.

We should be the better team in our gym.

I think they have some nice players. Who are only getting better


Will be a nail biter

Last time UConn plays in fifth third
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:37 PM   #3
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,989
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
We should be the better team in our gym.

I think they have some nice players. Who are only getting better


Will be a nail biter

Last time UConn plays in fifth third
Agree. I think we should be a little better at home. Hurley is definitely turning that around but not quite there yet.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:30 PM   #4
Alum2013
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,192
Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Agree. I think we should be a little better at home. Hurley is definitely turning that around but not quite there yet.
I don't like Hurley. Hope we crush them so I can watch him cry to the refs all game with his dumb face. Bah humbug
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:46 PM   #5
mdchick
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,510
mdchick is on a distinguished road
I like Akok akok a lot, Gilbert is very solid, vital is a wild card and there bigs stink
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:50 PM   #6
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,400
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I like Akok akok a lot
Noted.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:28 AM   #7
Alum2013
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,192
Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Noted.
Lol
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:29 AM   #8
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,400
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
On a serious note, I really like Tyler Polley, especially the way he can sometimes shoot
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 12:16 PM   #9
Queens_NYC
Elite Member
 
Queens_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 881
Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
On a serious note, I really like Tyler Polley, especially the way he can sometimes shoot
UConn was never a great outside shooting team then Along Came Polley and they've Ben Stellar ever since.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:01 PM   #10
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,989
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
UConn was never a great outside shooting team then Along Came Polley and they've Ben Stellar ever since.
You can see yourself out.....
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.