Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #1
TheRealMick
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 741
TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
2021-22 Open Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I saw it on 247 but Iíll admit the ranking seemed high. From watching his videos, which isnít much, I did not see a 4-star but I said the same thing about jarron and he turned out to be really good. I donít mind taking a chance on the guy, especially in our position.
Bro, jarron played on one of the most loaded aau teams in Ohio history and was best player on team. If UC really had real strength and conditioning coach, I believe he was 1st rd pick

TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:39 PM   #2
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 4,619
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Bro, jarron played on one of the most loaded aau teams in Ohio history and was best player on team. If UC really had real strength and conditioning coach, I believe he was 1st rd pick
I literally said jarron turned out to be really good. I love jarron, relax.

I just remember watching his high school tape and thinking, this guy shoots weird and looks kinda slow. The point was, the highlight videos can be hard to judge a player by. And we all get it wrong sometimes, except you I guess.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
TheRealMick
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 741
TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I literally said jarron turned out to be really good. I love jarron, relax.

I just remember watching his high school tape and thinking, this guy shoots weird and looks kinda slow. The point was, the highlight videos can be hard to judge a player by. And we all get it wrong sometimes, except you I guess.
Highlights are made either make you look excellent or expose you. I didnít need highlights to know jarron was real deal. Kennard was lottery pick and jarron was better player on aau team by far
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 4,619
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Highlights are made either make you look excellent or expose you. I didnít need highlights to know jarron was real deal. Kennard was lottery pick and jarron was better player on aau team by far
I know how highlight tapes work but I donít go to aau events like most of us, so itís the only way most of us can see these players.

Also, Just because you are better in high school doesnít mean you will be better forever. There are a million players that peak in elementary and high school.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
Jon Rycek
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,182
Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Highlights are made either make you look excellent or expose you. I didnít need highlights to know jarron was real deal. Kennard was lottery pick and jarron was better player on aau team by far
So youíre saying Jarron was better than Kennard and we made him worse? What?!
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #6
TheRealMick
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 741
TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
So youíre saying Jarron was better than Kennard and we made him worse? What?!
Development. Kennard went and work in nba environment during college. Jarron came here with no other nba players in sight besides Evans. If Cumberland went to duke I believe he wouldíve went nba early
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:49 PM   #7
Alum2013
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,241
Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Development. Kennard went and work in nba environment during college. Jarron came here with no other nba players in sight besides Evans. If Cumberland went to duke I believe he wouldíve went nba early
I love how you don't even name the guy who actually still PLAYS in the NBA. Gary Clark.

Your posts literally get dumber every week.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:01 PM   #8
TheRealMick
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 741
TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
When jarron was Sr high school or FR in college, Gary Clark wasnít on nba radar. Learn comprehension before you go calling someone dumb. Even if Clark was on nba radar, that was your comeback? One player that went in 2nd to team that had 10 nba or McDonaldís all American
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:30 PM   #9
Alum2013
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,241
Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
When jarron was Sr high school or FR in college, Gary Clark wasnít on nba radar. Learn comprehension before you go calling someone dumb. Even if Clark was on nba radar, that was your comeback? One player that went in 2nd to team that had 10 nba or McDonaldís all American
Jarron wasn't an NBA talent when he got here and I for one never thought he had a shot at the NBA. So what's your point about him going to Duke? He was never going to Duke and even if he did it wouldn't have made him magically more athletic to be able to make the league.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:47 AM   #10
Jon Rycek
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,182
Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Jarron was a great scorer but he never had the athleticism for the NBA. And like SK he only knew how to be the primary guy. That doesnít transition well into the NBA.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.