Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 03-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #31
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
No clue but we desperately need shooters. And that's with or without Moore improving (who shot 27% from 3 from conference play on).
I've heard Mick say Moore is the best shooter he's ever had. Man, watching Moore shoot, his form, ability to square up and repeatable motion all seem lacking for a typical lockdown shooter. I once watched Scott Draud hit 49 out of 50 3's from the top of the key at a camp one day and he was pissed he missed that 1 shot. Every shot was the same repeatable motion----Moore clearly isn't like that.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:00 PM   #32
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
This kid just de-committed to Pitt. Small guard, really wouldn't need him...unless someone transferred. In that case, i'd take him. looks crazy athletic. Tulsa was originally in the mix so AAC doesn't seem to be a turn off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--gP63iIAfY
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:29 PM   #33
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
I've heard Mick say Moore is the best shooter he's ever had. Man, watching Moore shoot, his form, ability to square up and repeatable motion all seem lacking for a typical lockdown shooter. I once watched Scott Draud hit 49 out of 50 3's from the top of the key at a camp one day and he was pissed he missed that 1 shot. Every shot was the same repeatable motion----Moore clearly isn't like that.
Wait a minute...mick didn't say lockdown shooter...he said "best he's ever had"....low bar.

Moore gets after it, like his hustle. Kid couldn't shoot all year. He's got to get consistent...in making not missing.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #34
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Grgbartell@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Wait a minute...mick didn't say lockdown shooter...he said "best he's ever had"....low bar.

Moore gets after it, like his hustle. Kid couldn't shoot all year. He's got to get consistent...in making not missing.
We had the worst bench scoring I have ever seen. Brooks couldn’t throw it into the ocean from 2 feet. Moore and Williams were horrible shooters as well.
Grgbartell@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #35
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbartell@yahoo.com View Post
We had the worst bench scoring I have ever seen. Brooks couldn’t throw it into the ocean from 2 feet. Moore and Williams were horrible shooters as well.
Cane Broome....
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #36
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Very true. Our best bench scorer should have never been coming off the bench to begin with.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:22 PM   #37
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Very true. Our best bench scorer should have never been coming off the bench to begin with.
Good point. Forgot to mention Broome. He can definitely score but I think he was coming off the bench because he is very sloppy with the ball. His entry passes into the post often get deflected. I hope he works on his handles in the offseason and his passing. Love his scoring upside.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #38
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Quote:
Good point. Forgot to mention Broome. He can definitely score but I think he was coming off the bench because he is very sloppy with the ball. His entry passes into the post often get deflected. I hope he works on his handles in the offseason and his passing. Love his scoring upside.
This Mahan kid looks like he can really fill it up.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #39
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Now that we know Evans isn’t coming back we can sell this kid playing time, if we can get this kid it could save the season
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:32 PM   #40
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Now everyone can stop talking about this one....

Just got off the phone with 6'6 SG Brandon Mahan (Qualifier) of Chipola JC

His final list is Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Auburn

He visits Texas A&M this week, Ole Miss the following week and working on dates for his visit to Auburn

Jucorecruiting
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote