Bearcats by 5+ points 4 30.77%
Owls by 1-4 points 1 7.69%
Owls by 5+ points 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2019, 01:15 PM   #31
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Great comeback. Big minutes by Nsoseme in the 2nd half. We embarrassed them on the boards. Stopping the wide open threes in the second half was the difference to allow the comeback. That and Jarron drawing fouls and second chance points.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #32
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
That's a nice win. Couldn't make a shot and it didn't matter. Defensive pressure in the second half and my god we kicked their ass on the glass. Complete domination of the boards.

Cumberland is basically doing a college version of James Harden. He's gotta be one of the most frustrating players to try and stop and I love him. So crafty, so smart with his positioning on offense. Made incredible strides with his footwork, body control in traffic compared to freshman year when he often times would barrel in the lane and get a charge. Watching him work defenders is so much fun.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:19 PM   #33
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Wow that was impressive, nice work cats got that quality win on the resume
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:25 PM   #34
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
That was a great team win. Moore really was a big factor on his full court D. Nsoseme had some huge rebounds, LoJo mad some big stops. Williams and Jenifer had some huge stops and 3’s....of course Cumberland brought it home on offense.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:29 PM   #35
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I'll say it again, the key to this team is Justin being able to stay on the floor. He took some bad shots in the first half and rode the pine and our D suffered. Same with Williams being on the bench most of the first half with foul trouble. With them two in the game most of the second half and also the bigs coming out to defend the three ball here and there we shut down the open threes and killed what Temple could do on offense. Once we force bad shots and own the glass like we did Cumberland is too good to hold down too long. That and second chance points. I didnt think we had it today. Noon game in an arena we never play well in. Credit this team for not giving up and digging deep on defense and rebounding. Great win today if for nothing else avoiding the loss.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:32 PM   #36
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Nice effort the second half! I was about to write us off in the first half. Best rebounding I’ve seen in a long time. It’s going to be fun watching Keith and Logan running around next year on D and offensive rebounds. They are very disruptive
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:07 PM   #37
Profchaos102

Profchaos102 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
That's a nice win. Couldn't make a shot and it didn't matter. Defensive pressure in the second half and my god we kicked their ass on the glass. Complete domination of the boards.

Cumberland is basically doing a college version of James Harden. He's gotta be one of the most frustrating players to try and stop and I love him. So crafty, so smart with his positioning on offense. Made incredible strides with his footwork, body control in traffic compared to freshman year when he often times would barrel in the lane and get a charge. Watching him work defenders is so much fun.
He has incredible IQ. He seeks out defenders that are out of position and exposes them on a drive. He has to be the smartest offensive player Cronin has ever coached here.
Profchaos102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #38
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
This game has to go down as Nsoseme's best and probably player of the game. Totally unexpected, not just stop gapping, but was one of the best players on the court when he was in.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:21 PM   #39
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post

comparing Harden and Cumberland is right on. Great future ahead of him.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:25 PM   #40
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
This game has to go down as Nsoseme's best and probably player of the game. Totally unexpected, not just stop gapping, but was one of the best players on the court when he was in.
Big Nsoseme fan, missed the game. Great news !!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote