Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 02-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Proudly Cincinnati

I'm sure many of you saw this already, but Ono announced today that the Proudly Cincinnati campaign has surpassed $1 billion. Some quick facts and thoughts:
-$1 billion dollars raised in about 7.5 years
-Breaks down to about $4.23 donated per second for the last 7.5 years
-Only 1% of U.S. universities have ever raised $1 billion
-I don't think any of this will help the athletic department and I assume all this money has already been spent

(Obviously this isn't really football related, but I figured people wouldn't really see it if placed elsewhere)
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
I'm sure many of you saw this already, but Ono announced today that the Proudly Cincinnati campaign has surpassed $1 billion. Some quick facts and thoughts:
-I don't think any of this will help the athletic department and I assume all this money has already been spent

(Obviously this isn't really football related, but I figured people wouldn't really see it if placed elsewhere)
The Ralph gave his fair share!
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Not already spent. Rumor is that athletic getting about 75 million
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Did the rumor come from a reliable source? That would cover the Nippert renovations, and get us going in the right direction on Fifth Third.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
Scheids21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Really? That would be awesome. Perhaps I've grown to a costume to the US government way of life?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #6
Bearcat91

Bearcat91 is on a distinguished road
Here's the breakdown with the link to the WLWT article about it.

"University officials say about $370 million will go to UC's medical school and other parts of the Academic Health Center. Other allocations include $319 million to UC's various colleges, $135 million to university-wide programs including $76 million to athletics, and $171 million to research."

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/...#ixzz2LXPzYZeJ
Bearcat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat91 View Post
Here's the breakdown with the link to the WLWT article about it.

"University officials say about $370 million will go to UC's medical school and other parts of the Academic Health Center. Other allocations include $319 million to UC's various colleges, $135 million to university-wide programs including $76 million to athletics, and $171 million to research."

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/...#ixzz2LXPzYZeJ
Much of the $76 million to athletics has already for the most part been spent. The $Billion includes all donations made to UC during the last 7 plus years. UCATS annual donations for the last seven years have averaged about $6 million per year, that is $42 million of the $76 million that has already been spent on scholarships. The bubble donations were $10 millon spent on the bubble. The naming rights to 5/3 Arena have already been spent. Donations to the 1200 Club and basketball tip off Club have already been spent on recruiting, charter flights, etc. There is not a $Billion pot of money that is in a savings account awaiting distribution to the various departments.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I read somewhere where Jeff Wyler and some other big donors have given their support for the go-ahead for the Nippert renovations. Anybody have more information on this or know more about it?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
Scheids21
Epic Member

Quote:
Really? That would be awesome. Perhaps I've grown to a costume to the US government way of life?
By the way, autocorrect got me. I know it accustomed.