Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Tournament Chances Thread

I figured this was appropriate at this point. Like I said, we need to win 2 of our last 3 AT LEAST. We will be an underdog in our Big East tournament game so I don't think it will hurt us too bad losing that.

Question: Do you think the tournament committee will use ESPN's BPI? It seems like ESPN has really pushed it this year and seeing as how they run the sports world. I know the BPI is supposed to be more accurate than the RPI by including close losses and such. I ask because we are 26 in BPI and 50 in RPI; obviously that is a big difference.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
21 wins total and your in.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
I figured this was appropriate at this point. Like I said, we need to win 2 of our last 3 AT LEAST. We will be an underdog in our Big East tournament game so I don't think it will hurt us too bad losing that.

Question: Do you think the tournament committee will use ESPN's BPI? It seems like ESPN has really pushed it this year and seeing as how they run the sports world. I know the BPI is supposed to be more accurate than the RPI by including close losses and such. I ask because we are 26 in BPI and 50 in RPI; obviously that is a big difference.
We are in. Regardless of our remaining games. The expansion looks good right now lol. Losing to USF might cause a problem, but I cannot see that happening. But at this point, would you rather go and be a 1 and out, or go to the NIT and make a run?
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post

i don't think they will use the bpi.

prob just the standard, who you beat, where you beat them at, how did you protect your home floor, injuries, and rpi for close calls and seeding.
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
We are still in decent shape despite looking nothing like a tournament team lately because the bubble is so weak. Other than the last 10 games there are no red flags on the resume. No bad losses and the schedule strength is not an issue this year. I agree with LL that they get in with two more wins before Selection Sunday.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
dbieon12
Elite Member

dbieon12 is on a distinguished road
At least 2 - but then it's up to the committee. If by some miracle we can scrap out 3 wins we will certainly be in.
dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't be ridiculous uc is solidly in regardless of what happens. We have ZERO bad losses on the season.

The question is seeding. We could get as high as a 3 or a low as a 9
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
Don't be ridiculous uc is solidly in regardless of what happens. We have ZERO bad losses on the season.

lol, you must live in a wonderful fantasy world.
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #9
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Care to bet on that, Ralph? You lose, we do not see you or your other ids on here for a year. I lose, I am gone for good. And btw, werent you the one who predicted we would win by 10 today because Cronin is a great coach?
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

By 3-9, he means seed in the NIT. Pretty realistic, BearcatMick.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote