Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-03-2020, 12:22 PM   #171
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Jarron is about the only guy I want shooting them on our team. Keith, Tre, and Jaevin are all under 31% on "Far 2's" according to T-rank. Most of our guys are shooting better % from 3 than the long(ish) 2's. It's just a bad shot for us unless the shot clock is closing out. Even then I would prefer to try to get fouled by going in the lane.
brannen has done a great job of getting us away from that shot. long 2's are 33.7 % of our 2 point shots this year. last year it was 54.1 %.

houston this year is at 58.7% of 2's are long 2's.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:12 PM   #172
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
brannen has done a great job of getting us away from that shot. long 2's are 33.7 % of our 2 point shots this year. last year it was 54.1 %.

houston this year is at 58.7% of 2's are long 2's.
Wow...I didn't realize it was that bad! Cutting out 20% is a big difference.

I don't know how T-rank calculates the "far 2" but it must not be too far as they have Vogt as being 19 of 37 and he doesn't take jumpers. I wonder how much we cut down on actual mid and long range 2's? The type Keith and Tre used to shoot a lot. Those two have really cut back.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:23 PM   #173
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Wow...I didn't realize it was that bad! Cutting out 20% is a big difference.

I don't know how T-rank calculates the "far 2" but it must not be too far as they have Vogt as being 19 of 37 and he doesn't take jumpers. I wonder how much we cut down on actual mid and long range 2's? The type Keith and Tre used to shoot a lot. Those two have really cut back.
yeah i think his numbers have anything thats not at the rim as a long 2. which is probably why tre's long 2 is at 31% and brannen said tre is below 25% on midrange shots.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:53 PM   #174
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
yeah i think his numbers have anything thats not at the rim as a long 2. which is probably why tre's long 2 is at 31% and brannen said tre is below 25% on midrange shots.
He has dunks and then close 2's...so those close 2's must be at the rim but not dunks. So the "far 2" must be everything else besides a layup basically...even a hook shot from 5 feet would be a "far 2" for T-rank it seems. Whatever the case I would say the "far 2" would be better categorized as anything outside of 8 feet or so. I don't mind the close range 2's
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:39 PM   #175
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
they also kept turning down 5v4 when they'd beat our press. it was so strange. i really couldn't figure out what they were doing. they had the better athletes, they had chance after chance to force us into difficult positions defensively and they just never did.

big L from sampson that game. really reminded me of us vs iowa in the tournament last year.
They were playing not to lose instead of to win, they were trying to drain the clock and it was the best thing they could have done for us, they had so many opportunities to get an easy bucket early before our defense was set. And draining the clock means we are aloud to get our defense set and when that happens we are very good.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:33 AM   #176
Cinci1983

Cinci1983 is on a distinguished road
ESPN had us at 52% to make MM before the HOU game.

What do you think the chances are now and does that mean we're the best underperforming team on the bubble?

1st March @ HOU should take us over the edge!
Cinci1983 is offline   Reply With Quote