Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Conference realignment stuff

Oh where oh where will UC be for the 2014 football season? The ACC? The Big 12? The Big East?
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I believe they will be either in the ACC, geographically preferrable, or the MWC.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I believe they will be either in the ACC, geographically preferrable, or the MWC.
ACC or Big 12 would be terrific.

MWC would suck, but not as bad as CUSA, MAC, or having no conference.

I still have hopes and am optimistic about UC being in the Big 12 or ACC come 2014.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
We've already gone over this Ralph. They are binding their time until the Maryland lawsuit is over. When Maryland gets out of the acc paying significantly less than 53 mil, the sec/big12/b1g will poach the acc. That's when UC moves in with uconn

The problem is Houston, smu and sdsu are likely heading to the mwc next year which will make the big east football league horrible or non existent for 2013. So we may see a situation where we join a lesser conference in football only and join with the catholic 7 for a year in all other sports until we get an acc invite
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
ralph1950
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
We've already gone over this Ralph. They are binding their time until the Maryland lawsuit is over. When Maryland gets out of the acc paying significantly less than 53 mil, the sec/big12/b1g will poach the acc. That's when UC moves in with uconn

The problem is Houston, smu and sdsu are likely heading to the mwc next year which will make the big east football league horrible or non existent for 2013. So we may see a situation where we join a lesser conference in football only and join with the catholic 7 for a year in all other sports until we get an acc invite
Houston and SMU are not likely going to the MWC as they will make more money in the new Big East. The MWC gave away the store to keep Boise, Boise will be playing their games on Saturday for $500,000; everyone else will be playing their games on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday for $200,000.

UC will stay in the new Big East until one of the Power 5 conferences comes calling. The new Big East will pay UC more than any other option.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Lots of incorrect statements made by Ralph above. 1)the acc is not included as a power conference, especially after vt/Miami/fsu/Clemson leave

2)the big east is not going to get a lucrative tv deal, especially with the uncertainty of the league. There is no business on earth that will pay the big east big time tv money especially with Boise gone and even more so after uc/uconn/Houston and smu publicly stating that they want out.

The new big east is in shambles and losing more members by the day. How that translates into more money than a stabilized mwc that's picking off the programs(including the most nationally prominent one) is Ralph world economics

Ralph I appreciate your insight on most topics but you are way out of your league here

A destabilized big east with teams publicly stating they want to leave is not going to get a better tv deal than the mwc
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Here we go again!
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #8
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
For some reason, over the past few days I think going to the Big 12 would be the best. Yes, the football competition would be the toughest but we can adapt and compete. I also can see Cincinnati playing very well in the basketball conference as well. I think the Big 12 would be the best spot because of the ultimate stability it seems to have. For some reason I feel like the ACC will be nothing more than what the Big East was before all the movement. Just an opinion.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Cincinnati and Connecticut will be invited to the ACC after bowl season, no latter than mid to late January.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #10
ralph1950
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
Lots of incorrect statements made by Ralph above. 1)the acc is not included as a power conference, especially after vt/Miami/fsu/Clemson leave

2)the big east is not going to get a lucrative tv deal, especially with the uncertainty of the league. There is no business on earth that will pay the big east big time tv money especially with Boise gone and even more so after uc/uconn/Houston and smu publicly stating that they want out.

The new big east is in shambles and losing more members by the day. How that translates into more money than a stabilized mwc that's picking off the programs(including the most nationally prominent one) is Ralph world economics

Ralph I appreciate your insight on most topics but you are way out of your league here

A destabilized big east with teams publicly stating they want to leave is not going to get a better tv deal than the mwc
The ACC is a Power Conference, they are one of the Big 5, you must have been asleep when they got ND to join for all but football, got a guaranteed spot in the $55 million Orange Bowl, a long term deal from ESPN paying each $20 million a year.

While the new Big East is not going to get "big time Power 5 conference money" the new Big East will get more TV money than the MWC, C-USA, MAC, or Sun Belt. UC, UConn, Temple, USF, UCF, Memphis, Houston, SMU, East Carolina, Tulane, is a better football conference than the Boise plus 11 league and the basketball is heads above the MAC, MWC, Sunbelt, C-USA.