Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
SK

At this point I don't really care if sk leaves after this year. If we struggle next year early on then so be it. I would rather have the team learn to be without him than depend on him. I am tired of him laying a phat egg against quality teams. I don't think he has what it takes to elevate his game against top tier teams. His confidence looks shook and I am tired of watching him play well under his talent. Even if he stays next year, would we see much of an improvement? Even when he scores 15+ a game a lot of times its the most silent 15-18 points and don't make much impact. Part of me thinks we have seen the best out of him, being the second half of last season and the first 10 games of this year.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
I blame the offense and the fact that Mick encourages all players to shoot as soon as they get open.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I blame the offense and the fact that Mick encourages all players to shoot as soon as they get open.
So what do you think about SK and him being around for another year? For it or against it?
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Are you being serious or just blowing off steam? SK is the hardest worker on the team and he'll be the veteran leadership next year. That's two things you are going to need with all the young guys coming in.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
So what do you think about SK and him being around for another year? For it or against it?
Dont be ridiculous.

SK is the ideal college basketball player. Hes awesome for the university. And hes a top tier player. This is a absurdly pathetic shot at a great college athlete. One that this team NEEDS next year.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
bearcatbacker82

bearcatbacker82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We need his next year. If not, our offensive leader is rubles which is a pretty scary thought. We can only expect so much from our freshman.
bearcatbacker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
only shot we have at being in the top 25 next year is if SK stays ............. although i wouldn't blame him if he left...
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #8
bearcat4life

bearcat4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
At this point I don't really care if sk leaves after this year. If we struggle next year early on then so be it. I would rather have the team learn to be without him than depend on him. I am tired of him laying a phat egg against quality teams. I don't think he has what it takes to elevate his game against top tier teams. His confidence looks shook and I am tired of watching him play well under his talent. Even if he stays next year, would we see much of an improvement? Even when he scores 15+ a game a lot of times its the most silent 15-18 points and don't make much impact. Part of me thinks we have seen the best out of him, being the second half of last season and the first 10 games of this year.
36 against Marquette....play under his talent? the kid wasn't recruited by anyone coming out of high school and he is going to the league. he is a victim of Cronin's offense, or lack there of, and also the fact that we have zero big men. sk is going to be 1st team BE so idk why you would just let him walk. that is very very ignorant
bearcat4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I want SK around next year. I wish he could stay 2.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
bearcatbacker82

bearcatbacker82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat4life View Post
36 against Marquette....play under his talent? the kid wasn't recruited by anyone coming out of high school and he is going to the league. he is a victim of Cronin's offense, or lack there of, and also the fact that we have zero big men. sk is going to be 1st team BE so idk why you would just let him walk. that is very very ignorant
I think everyone is just blowing off steam. Sk is a beast and would be a lot better if we had an offense to run. No way we should expect him to beat a top ten team by himself.
bearcatbacker82 is offline   Reply With Quote