Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2014, 11:26 AM   #11
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I couldn't agree more. I'd love to see us make a run but the tourney is only 4 weeks out of the entire season. Regardless of what happens in March this season has been a tremendous success.

Mick has reached a level of success that anyone calling themselves a Bearcats fan should be excited about. Not only have they reached that level they've sustained it.

A season like this does great things for this program going forward. Being in the top 10, achieving a top seed in the tourney and all the publicity that comes along with those things will help Mick boost his recruiting.

This team has already surpassed my expectations. That being said I expect them to finish strong. Make a run in the conference tourney, anything less than a spot in the finals would be a let down.

I expect this team to make the NCAA's with no less than a 3 or 4 seed and to advance to the sweet 16. March Madness is not an end all be all for me. Anything less than a Final 4 isn't memorable anyways so if we don't advance far it certainly won't ruin what has been an otherwise great year for the Cats.
Excellent post.

Mick has this program back on solid ground. Just about every broadcast I listen to when UC is mentioned as advertisement for upcomming games they always mention MC as a candidate for Coach of the year. This can only help our national exposure and open up recruiting doors for him.

My expectation is to win the league. A deep run in conference tourney. A good seed and from there will see what happens.

The most important thing I want is for Our team to get the recognition that goes with overachieving and winning when many said we couldn't. This will enable us to continue to build on the very nice foundation that MC has built.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #12
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I think both are important and kind of go hand-in-hand with each other. Assuming we stay as healthy as we are now and don't lose anyone I fully expect a 3-5 seed for us. Best case scenario and not out of the question if we continue to win our games would be a #2 seed.

As we all know, come March, it really is all about matchups. We usually get really tough draws, not sure why that is. It makes you wonder sometimes. Of course if we would get a 2 or 3 seed it would help our chances to get an easier draw to the Sweet 16.
Wasn't Xavier's AD the tournament chair for a few years, and was on the committee for our latest run? I'm not saying, I'm just saying.....
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #13
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno99 View Post
Wasn't Xavier's AD the tournament chair for a few years, and was on the committee for our latest run? I'm not saying, I'm just saying.....
yes he sure was! I am right there with you on that thinking. I don't want to play that card but its hard to ignore. Especially considering X has had some favourable path's to the Sweet 16.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #14
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Okay, I REALLY want us to have the Indianapolis draw. I just got surprised by my family for my upcoming birthday with 3rd and 4th round tickets in Indy. It will be my first NCAA tourney experience and I want to see the 'Cats!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #15
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Okay, I REALLY want us to have the Indianapolis draw. I just got surprised by my family for my upcoming birthday with 3rd and 4th round tickets in Indy. It will be my first NCAA tourney experience and I want to see the 'Cats!
What an awesome gift! Congrats, man. There'd be a lot of Bearcat fans in the building if we get an Indy draw. Here's to hoping.
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #16
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeds1 View Post
What an awesome gift! Congrats, man. There'd be a lot of Bearcat fans in the building if we get an Indy draw. Here's to hoping.
I know, I'm pumped no matter who it is, there is nothing like March Madness. Let's hope for a Bearcat invasion of Indy!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #17
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno99 View Post
Yes he was, however he moved on to Georgia Tech last January.

Mike Bobinkski
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #18
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I am expecting our senior captains to continue to do what they have been doing to propel us to big wins. That is just about EVERYTHING! I don't expect to win out...but I expect to win more big games. I expect to continue to shut teams down with outstanding D. I expect the team to control those things they can control and lean on the seniors.

This trio is EXTREMELY driven to succeed and to not give up. You can hear it in the way the talk to the media and you can see it on the floor in effort and passion. I have no doubt about their heart and determination.

That's worth a lot in March!!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #19
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
I have tickets too JJ. I was planning on selling them for the last few months but I may just have to wait and see...
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:42 PM   #20
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Am I the only one that thinks conference tourneys are overrated and that doesn't really care how we fare in it? Conference tourney's are important for one-bid leagues and if you underachieved in the regular season or finished middle of the pack in your conference. For example, when we finished fourth in the Big East, but made it to the final game, that was awesome. If we were to finish third of fourth in this league I might want a better showing in the conference tourney. To me if you win the regular season title in your conference I think the tourney is irrelevant in a major conference that will get multiple bids. I'm hoping like all that we win the regular season crown in the AAC. If we do that I honestly could care less what we do in the conference tourney. Would like to win at least one game, but even then I'd like to have extra rest and not have to play three or four days in a row.