Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #51
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member
 
david aka the TYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mason area
Posts: 2,936
david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Yeah can't complain it went against him, but like you said he slid under after he was in the air. I could care less it happened to him, but these refs have to stop looking at just the line, it turns in to so many bad calls.
Didn't see the play, but the rule is supposed to be defined that you have to have your feet set when the player starts his shooting motion. I might not have worded that best, but basically when he picks up his dribble to get ready to shoot, not just when they leave their feet. I like that more charges are being called cause I think rules are geared to hinder playing defense but I've seen too many where they let guys slide in late and after he picks up his dribble. This of course applies to help defenders, not to a defender already engaged with the offensive player. Some people don't understand there's a difference. If you're already engaged with the defender basically you just have to stay your position and not move into the defenders way if he tries to slide around you. You don't really even have to have your feet set because your allowed to stay in your position, even moving. Meaning if you're backing to the basket and staying true a guy can't just run you over.

david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #52
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,400
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Didn't see the play, but the rule is supposed to be defined that you have to have your feet set when the player starts his shooting motion. I might not have worded that best, but basically when he picks up his dribble to get ready to shoot, not just when they leave their feet. I like that more charges are being called cause I think rules are geared to hinder playing defense but I've seen too many where they let guys slide in late and after he picks up his dribble. This of course applies to help defenders, not to a defender already engaged with the offensive player. Some people don't understand there's a difference. If you're already engaged with the defender basically you just have to stay your position and not move into the defenders way if he tries to slide around you. You don't really even have to have your feet set because your allowed to stay in your position, even moving. Meaning if you're backing to the basket and staying true a guy can't just run you over.

this was a secondary defender that i thought clearly slid under allen after he already started his jump. i took a little freeze frame. this is when allen is taking off, the defender clearly not yet in the position he was when he took the charge, he's even still in the restricted circle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nocharge.jpg (21.7 KB, 10 views)
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #53
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member
 
david aka the TYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mason area
Posts: 2,936
david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
this was a secondary defender that i thought clearly slid under allen after he already started his jump. i took a little freeze frame. this is when allen is taking off, the defender clearly not yet in the position he was when he took the charge, he's even still in the restricted circle.
Yep, clearly a blocking foul
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:02 PM   #54
sedziobs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 448
sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Great finish in the America East final. UMBC with the comeback and game winning three at the buzzer.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:39 PM   #55
Mcginnjw
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,147
Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Watching the WSU game....they seem to have some chemistry issues. I have noticed that absolutely nobody talks to Frankamp. He got injured and nobody helped. McDuffie is kind of a head case.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:10 PM   #56
justinhub2003
Senior Moderator
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 3,230
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Honestly I think. Houston winning is the best thing for us.

Zero debate now about UC and WSU swapping seed lines.

We have nothing to lose tomorrow and very little to gain.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #57
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member
 
WAITE HOYT 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8,206
WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Honestly I think. Houston winning is the best thing for us.

Zero debate now about UC and WSU swapping seed lines.

We have nothing to lose tomorrow and very little to gain.
I like us against Houston as well. WSU Morris was a nightmare match up for us. Washington was out manned by him. We also seem to plat very well against Gray.

All that said if Evans doesn't show up we will be in trouble.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 03-10-2018 at 05:19 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #58
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,400
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
watching this kansas wvu game.


when you're playing the elite teams, you must score late in the game. hoping your opponent just can't score won't get it done. these elite teams are too good at offense. wvu learning that lesson for the 3rd time this year
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:11 PM   #59
A_O
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 59
A_O is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I like us against Houston as well. WSU Morris was a nightmare match up for us. Washington was out manned by him. We also seem to plat very well against Gray.

All that said if Evans doesn't show up we will be in trouble.
Evans will show up tomorrow and will take Gray down mano-a-manbun. I'm guessing he'll put up 17. Could be wishful thinking but somethings gotta give for him.
A_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:07 PM   #60
Queens_NYC
Senior Member
 
Queens_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 351
Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Buffalo fights off a late Toledo run to win the MAC for the 3rd time in 4 years in Cleveland.
Who knew they would be our best OOC win of the season come this time.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.