Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #91
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
That's cute. I'm actually trying to have a real conversation though.

Go Mick! In Mick we trust! If we didn't land him, I'm sure the staff decided we didn't want him! We only bring in our type! He must just be one of those pampered lottery picks! I actually kinda like how we don't send players to the NBA! We do it the right way. When absolutely everything is perfectly lined up for us, Mick will deliver!

^See, I can do that too...and call it past ridiculous. But that just wouldn't be constructive...
It is just getting so damn repetitive on this site. Every thread. Same shit.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:30 AM   #92
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Yes it is and the same people take it there.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #93
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Yes it is and the same people take it there.
This thread is called "Coaching Staff". I am on topic. Don't click on it if you don't want to read about it. And don't respond if you don't want to be in on the conversation. Pretty simple really.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:35 AM   #94
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
When has anyone ever mentioned wanting Savino as Assoc HC? How is that repetitive?
Old 05-24-2015, 09:39 AM   #95
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I love the idea of Van Exel. He could really help us land area guards. I might actually feel like we'd have a fighting chance for the Terry Rozier type guys.
NVE is coaching in the D-League, seems he would be a longshot
Old 05-24-2015, 10:04 AM   #96
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Yeah maybe. You know what the pay is like at that level compared to D-1?
Old 05-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #97
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
For what reason? Average HC in d-league makes $75,000 and I don't even think Van Exel is a head coach. Assistant coaches at the major college level make more money.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:24 AM   #98
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
For what reason? Average HC in d-league makes $75,000 and I don't even think Van Exel is a head coach. Assistant coaches at the major college level make more money.
The main reason I said that was b/c he was already an assistant in college in 09 and has been in some form of the NBA since.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #99
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
For all of those who are critical of Mick, I would like to pose a question-Would you rather have Mick or Steve Lavin/Josh Pastner? Recruiting is only part of the battle and results are more important. Very few programs have accomplished the consistency that we have shown the past 5-6 years. The tournament is a crapshoot, anything can happen. Teams with inferior talent can get hot and make it pretty far. I wish we had more competent bigs and another shooter, but this team next year will be good.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #100
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
For all of those who are critical of Mick, I would like to pose a question-Would you rather have Mick or Steve Lavin/Josh Pastner? Recruiting is only part of the battle and results are more important. Very few programs have accomplished the consistency that we have shown the past 5-6 years. The tournament is a crapshoot, anything can happen. Teams with inferior talent can get hot and make it pretty far. I wish we had more competent bigs and another shooter, but this team next year will be good.
A lot of people have been bringing up St. John's and Memphis lately. So, what we're saying about that is...They land Top 100 recruits, and don't have a winning culture. Therefore, if we landed Top 100 recruits, we wouldn't have a winning culture either? Is that the logic? Btw I'd take Mick over those 2 and it isn't close. To be clear, I don't think Mick should go anywhere. Not only is he not going to, but I don't think he should. And I'm not calling for LD to get fired, run off, etc. I just feel like it is a good and normal thing to have a coaching tree start to branch off once you really get established. It is supposed to be an exciting thing, and something to be proud of. So when I say I wish LD had moved on, I mean that. And I hope he moves on next year. Savino has been waiting in the wings, and I'd like to see him get a chance to ride shotgun with Mick for a handful of years, before he moves on to head up his own program in the northeast. Think about it, that's exactly what Mick did when he left Louisville for Murray State. It's something that makes the HC look good too. Much like players seeing that they can get to the next level somewhere, coaches see where they can cling onto to learn to run their own program.