Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles

Old 06-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #271
bearcat2321
Banned

bearcat2321 is on a distinguished road
whatever combination it is I'm ready to get it rolling. As long as Guyn doesn't start at PG I'm cool. Every guard on team brings something different to table so I expect all of them to get fair share of minutes to prove themselves early on.
bearcat2321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #272
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Morman might be the wild card...what if he's so good he forces his way into more playing time? It'll be an interesting preseason.
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #273
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
If KJ was good enough mick would of found him a spot or more time than 4 games at the end of the year. Buti think KJ will be an ok back up at the 2 this year but I don't think he will win the starting spot.
KJ hasn't played a full season either and ill say the say to you KJ ain't proved anything yet either.
Well it wasnt just the last 4 games at the end of the year. Was instrumental in helping the team beat Nebraska and Memphis (at Memphis) towards the beginning of the year. Juco does not equal proven. KJ may not have the minutes under his belt to say he "has played a full season" but he has practiced everyday with a D1 team that was ranked as high as 7th in the country. He played in high profile games and got a taste of the physicality and speed of the D1 game. Cobb has played at a mid major and then a juco. So I'll ask you the question in reverse, why are you ready to give a guy who was a juco, mid major player the starting spot over a guy who already has been productive at the position in this system?
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #274
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
My reasoning for having a lot of faith in KJ:

- First 5 games: 6/26 (23%) FGs. After that, shot 35/77 (45%)
- 0/13 start from beyond the arc. After that, shot 15/35 (43%)

If you look at overall numbers, I see your doubt, but Mick is going to give him a LOT of time this year to prove that the numbers after his rough start are no fluke. Also throw in that he hit 26/30 FTs (87%).

Now, back to Justin Jenifer, maybe?
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #275
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
My reasoning for having a lot of faith in KJ:

- First 5 games: 6/26 (23%) FGs. After that, shot 35/77 (45%)
- 0/13 start from beyond the arc. After that, shot 15/35 (43%)

If you look at overall numbers, I see your doubt, but Mick is going to give him a LOT of time this year to prove that the numbers after his rough start are no fluke. Also throw in that he hit 26/30 FTs (87%).
KJ had best FT% on team last year
Old 06-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #276
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Who?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #277
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Well it wasnt just the last 4 games at the end of the year. Was instrumental in helping the team beat Nebraska and Memphis (at Memphis) towards the beginning of the year. Juco does not equal proven. KJ may not have the minutes under his belt to say he "has played a full season" but he has practiced everyday with a D1 team that was ranked as high as 7th in the country. He played in high profile games and got a taste of the physicality and speed of the D1 game. Cobb has played at a mid major and then a juco. So I'll ask you the question in reverse, why are you ready to give a guy who was a juco, mid major player the starting spot over a guy who already has been productive at the position in this system?
Because there is no one else better to start at sg IMO he the best sg if you throw mason on the team then ill start him at sg I just don't believe you cant throw a barely played soph (KJ) into the starting sg spot and expect to win the conference and even the national championship.

But I do respect all you KJ supporters and your options but you have to see my angle as well. Just agree to disagree.

Last edited by Bearcatboy; 06-11-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:29 AM   #278
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
KJ had best FT% on team last year
You can't go by that when sk probably shot 200 more than KJ. KJ didn't play enough minutes to compare to players that played 35 minutes a game.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #279
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
You can't go by that when sk probably shot 200 more than KJ. KJ didn't play enough minutes to compare to players that played 35 minutes a game.
Cronin sure did. Gave him award at team banquet at Montgomery Inn at end of season.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #280
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
Because there is no one else better to start at sg IMO he the best sg if you throw mason on the team then ill start him at sg I just don't believe you cant throw a barely played soph (KJ) into the starting sg spot and expect to win the conference and even the national championship.

But I do respect all you KJ supporters and your options but you have to see my angle as well. Just agree to disagree.
Mason=Auburn, not Cincy