Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #1
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
AAC Conference Tournament

Just an early look at what matchups we could possibly get, right now we are the 2 seed and as far as our first round match up goes, there’s about 5/6 possibilities of teams we might play.

The more interesting matchup IF we get there is the semis, tulsa and SMU, are looking like they are going to be the 3/4 seeds, Tulsa’s reaming schedule is tough they play WSU, Houston and Smu at home.
SMU plays at Tulsa, Memphis and WSU. It’s going to be interesting to see how everything plays out, but we all should be rooting for a matchup against Tulsa because that tournament SMU is a home team and they are starting to play well at the right time.

We don’t want to play SMU in the conference tourney IMO
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:56 PM   #2
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
The biggest thing for me is to be on the opposite side as Houston - as we should be favored in any other matchup. Other than that, avoid UConn in the first game.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:01 PM   #3
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Torvik predicts:

1 Houston (14-4)
2 Cincinnati (13-5)
3 Tulsa (12-6)
4 SMU (11-7)
4 Wichita St (11-7)
6 Memphis (9-9)
6 UConn (9-9)

I'm not sure how the tiebreakers would work, but I think that's about as good of a scenario as we could hope for.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:10 PM   #4
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
As long as we don't get Memphis in the quarters I feel pretty confident about how we match-up with each team below them in the standings right now.

Tulsa would be a dream match-up in the semis. Wichita would be tougher, but at least there's a good chance they would be top 50 and it'd be Q1.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:04 PM   #5
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Torvik predicts:

1 Houston (14-4)
2 Cincinnati (13-5)
3 Tulsa (12-6)
4 SMU (11-7)
4 Wichita St (11-7)
6 Memphis (9-9)
6 UConn (9-9)

I'm not sure how the tiebreakers would work, but I think that's about as good of a scenario as we could hope for.
This is my dream scenario as a 2 seed, obviously would be great to be the #1 and that probably means we’d get an at large bid if we do get the #1 seed. But as far as my realistic expectations, this is exactly how I want the tournament to line up.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:06 PM   #6
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
The biggest thing for me is to be on the opposite side as Houston - as we should be favored in any other matchup. Other than that, avoid UConn in the first game.
I’d match rather play uconn than WSU Memphis and Smu
Akok akok just tore his Achilles and they won’t be playing at home.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #7
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Just an early look at what matchups we could possibly get, right now we are the 2 seed and as far as our first round match up goes, there’s about 5/6 possibilities of teams we might play.

The more interesting matchup IF we get there is the semis, tulsa and SMU, are looking like they are going to be the 3/4 seeds, Tulsa’s reaming schedule is tough they play WSU, Houston and Smu at home.
SMU plays at Tulsa, Memphis and WSU. It’s going to be interesting to see how everything plays out, but we all should be rooting for a matchup against Tulsa because that tournament SMU is a home team and they are starting to play well at the right time.

We don’t want to play SMU in the conference tourney IMO
I thought we'd be the one seed If the conference tourney was today?

We have the tie breaker over Houston, and if UC and Houston both finish tied, then they go to the record against the 3rd place team, which is Tulsa, which we own the tie breaker of and if you go down to SMU, we also own the tie breaker.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:59 PM   #8
Union Bearcat

Union Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

We have the tie breaker over Houston, and if UC and Houston both finish tied, then they go to the record against the 3rd place team, which is Tulsa, which we own the tie breaker of and if you go down to SMU, we also own the tie breaker.
Yeah
Union Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #9
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I’m predicting we lose at Houston
Old 02-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #10
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I’d match rather play uconn than WSU Memphis and Smu
Akok akok just tore his Achilles and they won’t be playing at home.
Yep, Id sign up to play UConn in Texas. We played terrible in UConn and lost by 1. And they lost Akok. I get they are playing better but they still aren’t great

Last edited by cincyguy13; 02-19-2020 at 04:01 PM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote