Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 10-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #1
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Cost of Season Tickets

Interesting article regarding CFB attendance. Even more interesting is the cost for season tickets at UC.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ration-of-fans
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Interesting article regarding CFB attendance. Even more interesting is the cost for season tickets at UC.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ration-of-fans
That list of season ticket prices is flawed. They have a disclaimer that most schools require lifetime donation levels to attain those seats and those aren't calculated in. So most schools donations aren't factored in yet some are. The fact that South Alabama has the second highest total is proof enough that it is flawed. And UC is not one of the top ten most expensive tickets in college football. No way no how. Ridiculous for them to even print that list out.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Required "donations" is the biggest scam of them all if you ask me. As a current next generation ticket buyer myself that is how I see that aspect of the buying process. Call a spade a spade.
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
8th row tickets in the end zone last year including the UCATS fee were $180 per ticket if my memory serves me correctly. One ticket to an OSU game is $85 for one game. UC is one of the most affordable tickets in college sports. Period.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:20 AM   #5
aronius

aronius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
Required "donations" is the biggest scam of them all if you ask me. As a current next generation ticket buyer myself that is how I see that aspect of the buying process. Call a spade a spade.
The "donation" makes it tax deductible. Not a scam at all, makes the tickets cheaper than if they were priced accordingly.
aronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #6
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronius View Post
The "donation" makes it tax deductible. Not a scam at all, makes the tickets cheaper than if they were priced accordingly.
It also helps fund the UC athletic department. Most people don't realize that athletic depts live and die on donations from alumni. Scholarships would cease to exist if nobody donated money to UC.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #7
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
I will say I have thought your viewpoint in the past and when NFL teams came out with seat licenses I thought more it was a scam, but college athletics is a little different. As others have pointed out these donations are not only tax deductible (at least 80% of it) they go directly into funding scholarships. Now that I have been a UCATS member for 8 or 9 years it gives me somewhat of a sense of pride to donate to the school. Schools have to do what they have to do to bring in money and this method is tried and true. If they just sold tickets at face value (say $30 per game) then it wouldn't generate revenue. If it charged $1000 per game people wouldn't buy it. There are season ticket options with no donation or very low donations. To get the really good seats you have to support the program and its high cost of operation. As long as the system works and the demand for tickets remain I don't see a better system from the university's standpoint.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #8
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
8th row tickets in the end zone last year including the UCATS fee were $180 per ticket if my memory serves me correctly. One ticket to an OSU game is $85 for one game. UC is one of the most affordable tickets in college sports. Period.
Exactly my point. This article and that chart would have you to believe UC has the fifth or sixth highest ticket in all of college football.

A couple years ago someone did a study based on price of tickets per win and UC was #1 as most small schools don't win 10 games and the ones who do were all teams like Alabama and OSU where you know the seats are high dollar.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #9
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
During UCF and Houston game I saw Jag ads, Jag halftime show, all that. They're finally targeting advertising at the clientele that can afford to go to the games

Last edited by BCM; 10-02-2014 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Only $699 for a lease, go get it average Joe!
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote