Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 06-22-2014, 12:33 PM   #11
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
UC has to get at least one marquee program a year and probably another good program every year in their non-conference schedule if they want to seriously be considered the best of the rest. Hopefully the conference ups its game and can offer some more respectable competition but as it sits now Central Florida is the only other program that might get even a little respect on the national level and that's based on one year of success last year. Talking with the SEC is perfect and based on the fact that they are talking about no longer scheduling 1-AA schools, or FCS schools as they're known now, Cincinnati could be a good fit to replace that opponent. Personally I would love to play South Carolina as I have family there. The Big Ten is in that camp too and geographically it makes sense for their schools to schedule us.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #12
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...d_want_ho.html

I was wondering if the administration would ever comment on that double-bye. You have to feel for Tuberville; that is absolutely ridiculous. I like to hear that he is in charge of it now, and is not planning on taking all road games with major programs.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:10 PM   #13
Scheids21
Epic Member

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/07/t...home-unlikely/

"a lot of teams won’t come play us on our home ground,” Tuberville said. “They think that it’s too tough a challenge or too risky, especially now with the teams having to play their conference games...Let’s see…we’ve got talks in with Texas A&M and some other teams. We’re just not going to be one of those teams that’s just going to go somewhere and play and not get a return game. So I’m throwing my bait out there to try to find that school who will do a home-and-home in the next 5-6 or 7 years.”

Here's another article showing more of Tuberville's comments and specifically mentioning he is talking to Texas A&M.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #14
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
UC confirmed a home and home with Indiana University 2021-2022.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/ucat...ball/13040735/
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #15
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
UC confirmed a home and home with Indiana University 2021-2022.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/ucat...ball/13040735/
Not a very exciting or "sexy" matchup, but it still is better competition than playing Little Sisters of the Poor University. And I guess for all we know Indiana could be good in 7-8 years.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #16
Scheids21
Epic Member

It's good to see us scheduling Big 10 opponents either way. A big name gets casual fans excited, even if real college football fans know how bad Indiana is.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #17
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
It's good to see us scheduling Big 10 opponents either way. A big name gets casual fans excited, even if real college football fans know how bad Indiana is.
We have to take any BCS home-and-home's we can get. If it were possible, I would gladly play 3 BCS opponents every year we are in the AAC to go along with the Miami games.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #18
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
We have to take any BCS home-and-home's we can get. If it were possible, I would gladly play 3 BCS opponents every year we are in the AAC to go along with the Miami games.
Pretty much! I just cant stand football bc the games are so far away. I mean its awesome that we are getting "bigger" schools but its not that exciting its 7-8 years away. Hopefully we are all still alive when the time comes. lol
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #19
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
They must be cooking up something good if these series like Nebraksa, Ohio U and Indiana are being booked for 8-10 years away or maybe they are just keeping openings for 16-17-18 to get a marquee opponent for 2015 when Nippert reopens.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote