Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 10-29-2018, 10:43 AM   #11
Gocats

Gocats is on a distinguished road
What about cheering for your school because you have pride. The fact remains most people in this town are bandwagon fans. It does not matter if its U.C., Reds or Bengals
Gocats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:40 PM   #12
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
I cheer for the Cats because I grew up in Cincinnati and they are a local team. I did not attend UC. I root for the Cats first but if they are out of the tourney or are not bowl eligible I would root for OSU in football or X in basketball if they are still alive. I’m 65 years old and I think there are many fans who feel as I do. The younger fans seem to be of a different mind set. Which is fine with me.

For years X and UC were not factors in the football world. X eventually giving up there program and UC more recently trying to escalate theirs. OSU tried to be relevant in both sports.

My pecking order is Football UC then OSU and Basketball is UC, OSU then X. When I was younger it was UC, X, and OSU for Basketball.

Always been a reds fan and prior to the Bengals was a Browns fan

I think part of that thinking on my part was due to the fact that for much of my life X was the little sister and was never in my youth considered a threat to UC’s status. That has changed. OSU has never been challenged in the football world .

I guess I’m saying in a long winded way I don’t hate the other programs but would root against them if they are competing against UC.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 10-29-2018 at 12:57 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:24 PM   #13
beeman7467

beeman7467 is on a distinguished road
I gave up my basketball tickets for football tickets roughly 10 years ago. Lots of reasons, and I don’t regret for a second. I still actively root for the basketball team, they just rank lower than the football team in my world.
beeman7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:11 AM   #14
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman7467 View Post
I gave up my basketball tickets for football tickets roughly 10 years ago. Lots of reasons, and I don’t regret for a second. I still actively root for the basketball team, they just rank lower than the football team in my world.
I enjoy watching and cheering for both. Have been more of a basketball most of my life. Until Dantonio got here I really wasn't much of a UC football fan. We need Football to be a success if we have any hope of getting into a P-5 conference.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote