Bearcats by 1-5 points 8 42.11%
Bearcats by 6+ points 6 31.58%
Tigers by 1-5 points 1 5.26%
Tigers by 6+ points 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2019, 08:17 PM   #81
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
No clue how we won.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #82
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
That one kid on Memphis was clutch without him they are nothing.
Difference between having good individual players and good team play. Credit coaching for making adjustments and the players for staying poised. Memphis had no answer once our defense clamped down.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #83
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
No clue how we won.
Poise, more than anything. This team doesn't really rattle. They have issues on defense, and nights where they struggle to hit shots, but they are pretty damn poised. I don't see them losing a Nevada-style game this year.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:31 PM   #84
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
Poise, more than anything. This team doesn't really rattle. They have issues on defense, and nights where they struggle to hit shots, but they are pretty damn poised. I don't see them losing a Nevada-style game this year.
There’s no way, they’ve already been in too many games like this.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:53 PM   #85
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
No clue how we won.
Al Davis would be proud of our team
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #86
MylesFoxMorrisey

MylesFoxMorrisey is on a distinguished road
Turnovers. 10 in the first half, ZERO in the 2nd half. When this team allows itself to get shots off and opportunities for 2nd chance rebounds....they are lethal. Great win on the road
MylesFoxMorrisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:14 PM   #87
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Isoing and taking care of the ball in the second half was the difference. When you get a shot every single possession in the second half (sometimes 2, 3+ attempts) it doesn't matter what percentage you shoot.

I thought our defense also did a lot better the last 12+ minutes at finding guys. Still some lapses, but nothing like the first half. Hopefully that can be a trend going forward.

Cumberland is quickly inching up my list as favorite Bearcat ever. He's everything I want in a college star. Cocky, calm, alpha, talented, and such a smart offensive player. I think he's unquestionably the smartest offensive player Cronin has ever had. Angles, hesitation, step back, shot fakes, his head fakes after jump stops, it's just incredible watching him work. Nothing better than watching the other teams defenders throw their hands up in frustration after falling for one of his moves, fouling him, and giving up an and 1.

Last edited by ervins84; 02-07-2019 at 09:17 PM.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:16 PM   #88
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
Isoing and taking care of the ball in the second half was the difference. When you get a shot every single possession in the second half (sometimes 2, 3+ attempts) it doesn't matter what percentage you shoot.

I thought our defense also did a lot better the last 12+ minutes at finding guys. Still some lapses, but nothing like the first half. Hopefully that can be a trend going forward.

Cumberland is quickly inching up my list as favorite Bearcat ever. He's everything I want in a college star. Cocky, calm, alpha, talented, and such a smart offensive player. I think he's unquestionably the smartest offensive player Cronin has ever had. Angles, hesitation, step back shot fakes, it's just incredible watching him work.
I agree about Cumberland. He is probably 4th on my list...tough to move up though.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:53 PM   #89
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post

Cumberland is quickly inching up my list as favorite Bearcat ever. He's everything I want in a college star. Cocky, calm, alpha, talented, and such a smart offensive player. I think he's unquestionably the smartest offensive player Cronin has ever had. Angles, hesitation, step back, shot fakes, his head fakes after jump stops, it's just incredible watching him work. Nothing better than watching the other teams defenders throw their hands up in frustration after falling for one of his moves, fouling him, and giving up an and 1.
He is my favorite kind of Bearcat - works hard and steadily improves. I do not think he is in Gary Clark or Jason Maxiel territory yet though in that regard and will need to stay his senior year when he will undoubtedly be a top 10 National player to reach the lofty heights.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:17 AM   #90
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Where’s all the people who were constantly begging for Logan to get more minutes lol. But really it’s much more than just him. The whole team just looks off balanced tonight on defense. Shifting way too hard, chasing the ball. But we are still in the game and if we could start hitting some free throws we would be looking good
Ummmm....wanting LoJo to get more minutes against crappy teams is exactly what he needed to be more ready to play against Memphis.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote