Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Nice opening drive.
Nice finish also.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:14 PM   #3
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Lot of missed opportunities in first half. Didnt get to watch second half but caught overtime. Great play to get the win.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:45 PM   #4
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
After a fantastic win I can’t believe there are no posts on this site. For my part I am so happy with this season. We are seeing the fruits of Fickle’s defensive acumen. I think he is the real deal and if we could hold on to him (not) we would go very far - like a top 10 ranking within 2 years. On the other side of the ball Ridder is promising but needs to keep scrambling like he did at the end of the game today. Good to see find someone else to throw to other than his tight end today. Excited to see Warren get back on track next week. Go Bearcats!
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:41 AM   #5
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
After a fantastic win I can’t believe there are no posts on this site. For my part I am so happy with this season. We are seeing the fruits of Fickle’s defensive acumen. I think he is the real deal and if we could hold on to him (not) we would go very far - like a top 10 ranking within 2 years. On the other side of the ball Ridder is promising but needs to keep scrambling like he did at the end of the game today. Good to see find someone else to throw to other than his tight end today. Excited to see Warren get back on track next week. Go Bearcats!
Fickell definitely has turned things around quickly. We are overachieving this year, but that's the first sign of a good coach. And defensively it is night and day with anything we've seen since Dantonio was here. I'm hoping he sticks around to see a complete team and recruiting by him. Still not impressed with the offensive output at times, including playcalling, but hoping with a full implementation of his players and system that changes.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:59 AM   #6
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
There's no QB on our team that makes us top 10 good. It has been a good season and the defense has certainly been a welcome surprise but I think most people aren't THAT excited because they know we aren't that great of a team yet, we've just played alot of worse ones.

That said, I think we could easily be a consistent top 25 team if Fickell stays.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #7
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
There's no QB on our team that makes us top 10 good. It has been a good season and the defense has certainly been a welcome surprise but I think most people aren't THAT excited because they know we aren't that great of a team yet, we've just played alot of worse ones.

That said, I think we could easily be a consistent top 25 team if Fickell stays.
I hope that QB is in high school and on the UC radar. Power arm and legs.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:39 AM   #8
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Didn’t get to watch this game. Just highlights. Nice to see the team come out and continue to fight. Big time play in OT.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:52 AM   #9
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
LET'S JUST WAIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post

Don't get excited, don't attend the games, don't really support the team until they get into the TOP 10---then jump on the "band wagon". Yup, that's the answer.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 08:12 PM   #10
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
Don't get excited, don't attend the games, don't really support the team until they get into the TOP 10---then jump on the "band wagon". Yup, that's the answer.
When your team has gone 5+ years being ass, you have NFL, MLB, MLS, and two annual top 25 bball teams in the same city yea, you do have to do something to get peoples attention back. Let's be real, UC had like a 10 year stretch in their entire history where they were a consistent top 25 team. The majority of the time UC football was an after thought in this city.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote