Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #131
bearcatrunner

bearcatrunner is on a distinguished road
Yeah but that Wingfield guy was the best frosh I have ever seen. I would take freshman Wingfield over Sophmore Clark.
bearcatrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:38 PM   #132
zako365

zako365 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
Yeah, even still I'll take Clark now over all them guys SR year besides obviously Kenyon.

lol ... prisoner of the moment much? I am a huge Clark fan , but Max was a starter and a a main component of 4 tournament teams, including a number 1 seed tournament team. Oh yeah, and a 10+ year NBA vet and first round draft pick. Lets slow down a little bit here.
zako365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:55 PM   #133
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zako365 View Post
lol ... prisoner of the moment much? I am a huge Clark fan , but Max was a starter and a a main component of 4 tournament teams, including a number 1 seed tournament team. Oh yeah, and a 10+ year NBA vet and first round draft pick. Lets slow down a little bit here.
Max had better coaching and talent around him. He struggled like Clark against the big boys though. Even got outplayed by smaller Hayes in his last game. Max or hicks wouldn't been allowed to be themselves with mick. Clark has skills no four ever at uc ever had. He can shoot, rebound, pass, dribble, run, average d, blocks. I could see him getting triple double every game next year if conditioning improved.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:56 PM   #134
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatrunner View Post
Yeah but that Wingfield guy was the best frosh I have ever seen. I would take freshman Wingfield over Sophmore Clark.
Yeah I left him and fortson off on purpose. Wingfield and Johnson are our highest rated recruits ever. Wingfield probably Huggins best player ever
Old 02-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #135
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
https://youtu.be/tp572ypYCpU

I just wanted to post this to remind everyone of Gary's athletic ability. He is doing some ridiculous things in this video. Obviously the competition is low but it's amazing how he is flying to the hoop. Is it just me or do we hardly see this from him now.

I'm not saying he is out of shape now at all because he is putting up great numbers. But he always seems gassed. Hands on hips, sucking wind.

Just interesting looking back.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #136
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post

I just wanted to post this to remind everyone of Gary's athletic ability. He is doing some ridiculous things in this video. Obviously the competition is low but it's amazing how he is flying to the hoop. Is it just me or do we hardly see this from him now.

I'm not saying he is out of shape now at all because he is putting up great numbers. But he always seems gassed. Hands on hips, sucking wind.

I feel like lots of big guys get gassed easily as underclassman. I bet we'll see explosive plays more often from him the next 2 years.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #137
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Quote:

If you complied a highlight reel of Gary this year, it would be equally impressive. I'm sure in HS he had to give little to no effort on the D side of the court and he was by far the superior athlete on the court. Did you see the size of the kids he was playing against?

Gary is a monster and will continue to develop.

I think the next step in his game will be he'll now have to learn how to handle a double team nearly every time he gets the ball, all the more reason for Mick to put guys on the court around Gary that can knock down shots.
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #138
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:

I mentioned at all star game he played in high school how he was always last man down court and lack of explosiveness against best of best. It's more confidence issue I believe than conditioning. Gary probably NEVER been to a city until he started playing aau, almost like he's from another country the way he carries himself. Just seems so shy
Old 02-27-2016, 09:59 AM   #139
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
If you complied a highlight reel of Gary this year, it would be equally impressive. I'm sure in HS he had to give little to no effort on the D side of the court and he was by far the superior athlete on the court. Did you see the size of the kids he was playing against?

Gary is a monster and will continue to develop.

I think the next step in his game will be he'll now have to learn how to handle a double team nearly every time he gets the ball, all the more reason for Mick to put guys on the court around Gary that can knock down shots.
Pretty sure he was tripled and doubled teamed in middle school. He needs gets a lil stronger with ball but he rarely fumbles and bumble with ball
Old 02-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #140
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrillCosby View Post
Max and Hicks were much more aggressive and slightly better defensively than Gary. However Gary is light years ahead in terms of passing and bball IQ.
I agree. To me were comparing apples and oranges.here. Those mentioned were the most feared defenders in the league. They swatted jumpers while they were in the lane. Noone got cheap buckets on CATS for years. We're comparison g offense to defense. But honestly I'd take any of the pre mentions intensity and nastiness over Gary right now. Maybe he'll turn into K-Mart. One could only hope. Hell I could add a long list of guys that I'd love to see a player play like them again. 2 quick one I-MAC (ALL TIME FAV) and Mickael
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote