Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 7+ 2 5.56%
UC wins by 4-6 8 22.22%
UC wins by 1-3 12 33.33%
SMU wins 14 38.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2017, 06:06 PM   #21
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=2bearcatdad;160520]I've been to every home game and I went to Indy for the Butler game. SMU is the best team I've seen and it's not close. We played pretty well against them and we were fortunate to win at home. They're big, physical and talented at all 5 positions. The only thing they don't have is depth, but they obviously overcome that by playing their starters more minutes.

This game could mean 2-3 slots on our seed line. If we play well, we can win - but it will take our best effort on the road to date.

I can't wait for this one.

This game is not 2/3 difference in our seed line. It is a seed difference. If we lose this game and then win out to go 31-3 we will be a #2 seed.

Last edited by Garybearcat; 02-09-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #22
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
[quote=Garybearcat;160574]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bearcatdad View Post
I've been to every home game and I went to Indy for the Butler game. SMU is the best team I've seen and it's not close. We played pretty well against them and we were fortunate to win at home. They're big, physical and talented at all 5 positions. The only thing they don't have is depth, but they obviously overcome that by playing their starters more minutes.

This game could mean 2-3 slots on our seed line. If we play well, we can win - but it will take our best effort on the road to date.

I can't wait for this one.

This game is not 2/3 difference on outmr seed line. It is seed difference. If we lose this game and then win out to go
31-3 we will be a #2 seed.
Maybe. I hope you're right.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #23
Garybearcat

[quote=2bearcatdad;160576]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post

Maybe. I hope you're right.
We aren't going to lose this game by the way. I have a secret weapon. I got my wife a chihuahua puppy for Christmas. We named him "Mateo" (means gift from God). We got him after the Butler game. We have not lost since that game. He watches every game with us. So don't worry I think this season is our "Gift from God".

Go Bearcats!
Old 02-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #24
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
[quote=Garybearcat;160577]
Quote:

We aren't going to lose this game by the way. I have a secret weapon. I got my wife a chihuahua puppy for Christmas. We named him "Mateo" (means gift from God). We got him after the Butler game. We have not lost since that game. He watches every game with us. So don't worry I think this season is our "Gift from God".

Go Bearcats!
I like it!

Go Cats!
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #25
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
[quote=Garybearcat;160577]
Quote:

Go Bearcats!
In Mateo We Trust!
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #26
Garybearcat

[quote=HoosierCat;160580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post

In Mateo We Trust!
Old 02-09-2017, 07:14 PM   #27
Big Perm

Big Perm is on a distinguished road
SMU is weak. Highly overrated and Cats will expose this tonight. Double Digits
Big Perm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #28
GuyfromNKY

GuyfromNKY is on a distinguished road
This game reminds me a lot of the Louisville game down at Yum a couple years ago (2014?). I thought we would hang with them but I didn't think we could pull it out. Hopefully we come out like we did that night, I believe we got up 10 real quick, and hang in there. To do that we need Troy to have a SKesque game. He's got it in him.
GuyfromNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:17 PM   #29
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Perm View Post
SMU is weak. Highly overrated and Cats will expose this tonight. Double Digits
Lol what? SMU is a great team and if we beat them by double digits at Moody it'll be a helluva accomplishment. Also, the game is Sunday fyi.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #30
PakMan

PakMan is on a distinguished road
If we win out, we will have won like 25 games in a row heading into the NCAA tournament. While that's good for seeding, I'd almost like to lose a close game so that everyone re-focuses and starts another streak. So I won't be too disappointed if we lose a close one to SMU on the road.

That being said, we have a better team. 58 - 56 Cats.
PakMan is offline   Reply With Quote