Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 6+ 14 60.87%
UC wins by 1-5 6 26.09%
UCF wins 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2017, 05:08 PM   #241
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Went on a quick walk around the neighborhood to cool off and tried to find some positives from the loss.

-Between the Marshall and SMU games at home, as well as the Iowa State and Tulsa games on the road, I think we should consider ourselves fortunate for this to be our first nail biter loss this year. At this point last year, we had already lost 5 of these types of games.

-If we HAD to lose one of our last 3 games going into the conf. tourney this was the one most of us would've chosen to give away. I expect UConn to be just as tough of a game, but at the very the least, they don't have a 7'6 skyscraper who will give us nightmares anytime we get within 10 feet of the basket.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:16 PM   #242
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think he could be a solid glue guy. Play great defense and get boards. You need those guys. But if you are full of those guys it's not great
Yeah I agree. If he ends up as a role player, that's fine. That's pretty much what I'm saying he looks like. But we have to get another 4 in place for when the other guys are gone. I'm just not comfortable putting all the future PF eggs in the Scott basket at this point.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:19 PM   #243
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Bearcat journal just said on Twitter gary didn't have one defensive rebound and Troy had twice as many turnovers than assist. This is why I don't just blame the coach. Not sure what he could have done about those things
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #244
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Bearcat journal just said on Twitter gary didn't have one defensive rebound and Troy had twice as many turnovers than assist. This is why I don't just blame the coach. Not sure what he could have done about those things
What a joke. Especially towards Gary. UCF had 10 OREB and 34 missed shots. That's only 29.4%. Oh and those clowns can't count. Troy had 4 assists and 4 TOs.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:31 PM   #245
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds513 View Post
Come on. That's an overreaction. Has he not helped this year? Are you forgetting the entire season so far?
If you go back to the Tulsa home game, he came in the game first off the bench and I was disappointed it was him over Cumberland (found out later Cumberland was suspended). But then I said something along the lines of "He's just not able to help us." And I've been talking about a 4 in 2018 more recently as well. So I swear it's not just an emotional overreaction to take him down. I honestly don't care about him missing that oop today. We didn't deserve to win anyway, so I'm not just killing him for that.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:41 PM   #246
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
One thing we have to do, now and in the future and is on the coach. Is figure out how to push tempo against teams like that. We have the athletes. Can't win many games scoring in the 50s anymore.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:49 PM   #247
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
One thing we have to do, now and in the future and is on the coach. Is figure out how to push tempo against teams like that. We have the athletes. Can't win many games scoring in the 50s anymore.
I agree. The coaches blindness of seeing what we see road game after road game is maddening. We continue to let the other team dictate the style of play. We made it so easy for UCF to defend us for 32 minutes. By then, it was too late. I have serious concerns if this and coaching staff has what it takes to win next Sunday...
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:15 PM   #248
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Two things I didn't like in this game. Troy had some major lapses on D and absolutely letting Fall get in their head.
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:59 PM   #249
FTBearcats

FTBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Couldn't agree more. They played the game UCF wanted and it was hard to watch. This team is too athletic to lose this game which makes me nervous come tourney time. Really wouldve liked to see this team win the American but it's not gonna happen.
FTBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:31 PM   #250
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Just listened to the radio postgame. I will give Mick credit for calling out Kyle Washington for terrible shot selection and not passing the ball. Finally Mick sees what I've been seeing since the Butler game. Mick you finally said a smart comment. Maybe he read my posts.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote