Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-20-2017, 06:28 AM   #11
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
I feel like we're a sweet 16 or elite 8 team that got put up against one of the top teams in the nation because of east coast bias. UCLA lost 4 games all season. @USC (a tourny team), @Oregon (a 3 seed), and twice to Arizona (a 2 seed) one on the road and one during the conference tournament. Theye had absolutely no bad losses at all and somehow are seeded higher then teams with 8 losses. We (along with UCLA) got the absolute shaft due to their miss seeding. I think we handle pretty much any other 3 seeded team.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:36 AM   #12
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCBearcat View Post
You're right. For some reason I thought they had pulled off some upsets. I stand corrected. However, at some point I hope to be able to advance despite having a bad draw.
I agree, you going to have to beat good teams, hopefully you don't have to beat 4-5 great teams tho
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:40 AM   #13
DCBearcat

DCBearcat is on a distinguished road
You're right, also I feel that our worst matchups will always be the teams that have insane offenses like UCLA does. I honestly feel that we could have beat UK if we hadn't had to face UCLA first. I guess we will find out when the two teams play
DCBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:42 AM   #14
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
It was a very satisfying season, and I don't think a lack of conference hardware or no Sweet 16 berth should take away from that.

Our starting 5 should be even more potent next season and we'll be adding additional weapons to the bench. The future is very bright.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:44 AM   #15
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Fun season, ended up being one my favorite all time teams. Sure, would of loved to gone farther, but may have just lost to the national champs in the second round. 30 wins, beat X. This season shouldn't be the standard, but I'm not mad about it.
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:48 AM   #16
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Pleased overall. Terrible luck in the seeding and SMU going 17-1 in conference doesn't diminish the season for me. Excited about the direction of the program and looking forward to next year.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:07 AM   #17
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
sad the season came to a end but overall very happy with the season.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:06 AM   #18
collards

collards is on a distinguished road
I was entertained and enjoyed the team. I just thought that UC really doesn't expect victory in big games. This was MC's best team and they only won 1 tourney game. He was making excuses for not having a good enough defense a few weeks ago. Twenty five years is a long time.
collards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:17 AM   #19
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEER CINCY View Post
For this being Mick Cronins "best team," I expected more. The highlight of our year was beating Xavier, plain and simple. I want to get to a point where thats not the ONLY highlight of our year. We have to get a top 4 seed in the tourney to avoid these awful first round matchups. That means WINNING the conf reg season and conf tourney for once. You want to be first class elite program, it starts with dominating this mediocre conference.
You mean like smu did this year and still only got a 6 seed?
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #20
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayers View Post
You mean like smu did this year and still only got a 6 seed?
Yep, really need Uconn and Memphis to get it together and get back to where they once were.
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote