4.0 FTA/G
2.8 3FG/G
18.4 Point/G
6.9 Rebounds/G
5.6 Assists/G
2.4 Steals/G
0.4 Blocks/G
2.4 TO/G

The FG% and 3FG% are both below team average. The FT% is almost 3% above team average.

Their combined stats per 40 minutes
2.6 FTA
1.8 3FG
12.2 Points
4.6 Rebounds
3.7 Assists
1.6 Steals
0.3 Blocks
1.6 TO

Cumberland averaged about 19 Minutes/G. Say that gets bumped to 29. And Broome plays 25. Can that + 25 extra minutes from Jenifer, Williams, etc = or surpass the production of Caupain and Johnson? I think it can, and that doesn't even account for better efficiency or improved stats for anyone else on the team.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 03-21-2017 at 08:00 PM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:58 PM   #132
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Caupain and Johnson combined stats Per 40 Minutes
2.6 FTA
1.8 3FG
12.2 Points
4.6 Rebounds
3.7 Assists
1.6 Steals
0.3 Blocks
1.6 TO

Overall Team Stats Per 40 Minutes
3.8 FTA
1.5 3FG
14.9 Points
7.4 Rebounds
3.1 Assists
1.5 Steals
1.0 Blocks
2.0 TO

Tells us what we pretty much know. Losing some 3s (at a low%), some assists, and downgrading on TO.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:40 PM   #133
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

How many seats does NKU have? Will we sell out all of those games no matter who we play? If so, would it be crazy to be a buy team for 2 games next year instead of starting a new home and home? We'd have 18 AAC games, 4 as part of the Cayman Islands thing, 1 @XU, possibly NKU? That'd leave 7 more. Is it ridiculous to think we could do 5 home games vs buy teams and go on the road for 2? That'd be 16 home games, and if we thanked NKU for the hospitality by doing a home and home with them, we'd technically be the road team in 17-18 even though the game would be where we play all year. The home slate wouldn't be all that exciting, but if the seating capacity is low anyway, is it really that bad for 1 year? I don't know who we could get but agreeing to hit the road in a 1 game deal should get us matchups for 2 games with pretty good teams I would think.

Might be completely unrealistic and a terrible thought...But just kicking things around after reading some of everyone's thoughts on the matter.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 03-21-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:40 AM   #134
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
How many seats does NKU have? Will we sell out all of those games no matter who we play? If so, would it be crazy to be a buy team for 2 games next year instead of starting a new home and home? We'd have 18 AAC games, 4 as part of the Cayman Islands thing, 1 @XU, possibly NKU? That'd leave 7 more. Is it ridiculous to think we could do 5 home games vs buy teams and go on the road for 2? That'd be 16 home games, and if we thanked NKU for the hospitality by doing a home and home with them, we'd technically be the road team in 17-18 even though the game would be where we play all year. The home slate wouldn't be all that exciting, but if the seating capacity is low anyway, is it really that bad for 1 year? I don't know who we could get but agreeing to hit the road in a 1 game deal should get us matchups for 2 games with pretty good teams I would think.

Might be completely unrealistic and a terrible thought...But just kicking things around after reading some of everyone's thoughts on the matter.
We should for sure play NKU, that would be fun. I believe BB&T arena holds just under 10k when set up for basketball so we should sell out more than a few of the games we play next season.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #135
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
We should for sure play NKU, that would be fun. I believe BB&T arena holds just under 10k when set up for basketball so we should sell out more than a few of the games we play next season.
Oh wow I thought it was much less. I thought it'd be like 6-8k.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #136
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Oh wow I thought it was much less. I thought it'd be like 6-8k.
I've never been there for an NKU game or a concert but was there for a few networking/business type events and the facility is top notch.

I can't imagine they draw a ton of fans for NKU athletics but I know they've held a number of big name concert acts over the years. I think they built the arena as big as they did with the idea of hosting other events in mind.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #137
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Holds over 9000. I know a series was talked about with NKU, but I think the discussion was doing it after 5/3 reopens
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #138
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierCat View Post
Holds over 9000. I know a series was talked about with NKU, but I think the discussion was doing it after 5/3 reopens
I also heard it'd be after next year. Think they said it on the skinny pod
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:32 AM   #139
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierCat View Post
Wikipedia says 9,400.

My thought when they idea was kicked around was that we'd play a home and home with them. We go back and play them as a road team as a thank you or something.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #140
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Wikipedia says 9,400.

My thought when they idea was kicked around was that we'd play a home and home with them. We go back and play them as a road team as a thank you or something.
Im not sure if we will play them this year or not, but i believe, from what i thought i heard(im wrong a lot though) is NKU would open the 2018 season at the new shoemaker---yes thats what i will always call it.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote