Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-09-2018, 08:42 PM   #251
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Lets think about this in less rash way.

We lost 3 out of 4 best players from last year including our post presence. We know it's going to be struggle and take some time this year. Will it ever be amazing, no, but will it get better than what we saw Wednesday night, yes.

We did play a Chris Holtman team and Ohio State. It makes it worse for us because we are sick of excuses and want to win the bigger games especially at home, but we played a team that was about as talented as us and we unfortunately lost. It happens. Again, here's an excuse but I'm sure our players were just as nervous as them knowing that all eyes are on them in their new roles, opening up a new arena, and needing to beat an in state rival.

I get that our offense is not good and does not have flow, but come on, we can shoot better than that. I rewatched the game on WatchESPN, and we missed so many bunnies. We should not miss all those layups throughout the season, again, is going to be automatic, no, but will it be better yes.

We played the first half without our best player. IF we don't go into halftime down 9 there's a different outcome to that game. Not saying we win, but they wouldn't have beaten us by 8. Also, Cane is a better shooter than what he showed. I mean he really showed up in some big games last year, Xavier, UCLA, WSU. He deserves a pass.

Overall, it's going to be an up and down season we know this. Lets get through these next few cupcake games and start building some momentum. We can still have a decent season and get into the big dance. I don't care if we get blasted in the first round. I mean I do care but im just saying this team isn't great so making the tournament this year after the past few years of what we had will be a good accomplishment. Some years are going to be like that, it is what it is, but nothing is worse than the bracket coming out and not seeing Cincinnati in it. We haven't felt that feeling in a long time and I don't want it to be anytime soon.

Any post on twitter and blogs are negative bashing Cronin and Cincy. Man, IMO he's not going anywhere unless we have a few bad season in a row which is not likely so either get on board or dont but bashing him continuously is not going to change a thing. Recruits see this kind of stuff, and I feel like we have a good chance of pulling a top 50 recruit in Torrence and have a top 150 player coming in next year with Curtis so why ruin our chances or make us look bad.
If Mick, like Marvin Lewis, was held more accountable by people maybe Cincinnati would be more then a 1 and done city.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:15 PM   #252
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weez1414 View Post
WELCOME TO BEARCAT BB... NOT SURE WHERE YOU BEEN LAST DECADE OR MORE... BUT CATS OFFENSE DOESNT MOVE....AT ALL....ZERO MOVEMENT... DAN DAKICH TALKED ABOUT IT WHOLE GAME....For some reason Mick is the only one who thinks it works... Mick also is only one that thinks Scott is still going to be Magic Johnson.... hell I'm waiting on him to make just 1 great play...just 1
He had a great block in the exhibition game.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:34 PM   #253
Lawrugby

[QUOTE=cincrulz11;192069]whats realistic is we were down 16 with 6 minutes to go and had to score on 7 straight possessions, with osu turning it over multiple times, for it to end as close as it was.

to put the down 16 with 6:30 to go into perspective, nevada had already cut it to 6 points by that point.[/QUOTE

The Nevada stat does put it in perspective well. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:38 AM   #254
bearcat1518

bearcat1518 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Recruits see this kind of stuff, and I feel like we have a good chance of pulling a top 50 recruit in Torrence and have a top 150 player coming in next year with Curtis so why ruin our chances or make us look bad.
Agree with most of what you say, except this part. C'mon brother, give the kids more credit than that...Do you really think they care about what middle age men post on random message boards? Maybe it's just the fact that they just don't want to play on a team that struggles to score 50 points a game when the rest of the basketball universe has turned into a high scoring, exciting style of play!
bearcat1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:50 PM   #255
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat1518 View Post
Agree with most of what you say, except this part. C'mon brother, give the kids more credit than that...Do you really think they care about what middle age men post on random message boards? Maybe it's just the fact that they just don't want to play on a team that struggles to score 50 points a game when the rest of the basketball universe has turned into a high scoring, exciting style of play!
Sometimes those young kids have middle age parents that do reed these boards and do not like reading posts about their son.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #256
Lawrugby

The test will be in the next few games. Will Cronin use the directional school games to let Logan Johnson get minutes and develop or will he let Justin Jennifer pad his minutes and stats? I am betting the latter.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:31 AM   #257
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Sometimes those young kids have middle age parents that do reed these boards and do not like reading posts about their son.
I want mickles reading this board.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #258
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
I want mickles reading this board.
He was bulldog.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #259
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
OSU barely winning at home to Purdue-Fort Wayne 33-31 late in the first half. PFW has almost doubled our first half point total vs OSU. I’m an optimist but I fear a really bad year is ahead of us.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #260
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post
OSU barely winning at home to Purdue-Fort Wayne 33-31 late in the first half. PFW has almost doubled our first half point total vs OSU. I’m an optimist but I fear a really bad year is ahead of us.
They won by 50....

But yes. We still suck and have a tuerrible squad with a coach who refuses to adapt with the times.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote