Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #51
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Nice showing. Here's to hoping we continue to take care of business the next 3 before Xavier and are trending the right direction
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:50 AM   #52
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
and with him last year we could have been in the final 4. im sure it was worth it for mick to prove w/e point he proved though.
Your obsession with Cane is tiring. Let it go.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:10 PM   #53
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
feel free to block me
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #54
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
David I don't think that is his obsession.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:56 PM   #55
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Fans love misery. It’s all I can say. I thought I’d come back to this board and see some happy people that we seem to have found a winning formula and look to keep improving.

Instead, we’re still talking about last season and cane Broome in the emerald coast classic thread.

I’m happy we won.

I’m happy we are shooting more free throws than our opponents attempt. I’m happy we aren’t a jump shooting Team who can’t actually shoot. It’s absolutely crucial to know who you are, how you win and who your best player is. This team is finding that out. I think if we played OSU again today the results would be much different.

I absolutely loved how ole miss looked pretty damn good on offense against Baylor and it had me worried and then they step on to the court with a determined bearcats team and can’t find any consistency for long stretches.

We have a brutal stretch coming up and the chances of going undefeated are slim. But with the way this team is growing and figuring itself out, I think every one of those games are winnable. There isn’t a game on our schedule that I don’t think uc can’t win. That was not my thoughts after game 1.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:05 PM   #56
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=justinhub2003;192605]Fans love misery. It’s all I can say. I thought I’d come back to this board and see some happy people that we seem to have found a winning formula and look to keep improving.

Instead, we’re still talking about last season and cane Broome in the emerald coast classic thread.

I’m happy we won.

I’m happy we are shooting more free throws than our opponents attempt. I’m happy we aren’t a jump shooting Team who can’t actually shoot. It’s absolutely crucial to know who you are, how you win and who your best player is. This team is finding that out. I think if we played OSU again today the results would be much different.

I absolutely loved how ole miss looked pretty damn good on offense against Baylor and it had me worried and then they step on to the court with a determined bearcats team and can’t find any consistency for long stretches.

We have a brutal stretch coming up and the chances of going undefeated are slim. But with the way this team is growing and figuring itself out, I think every one of those games are winnable. There isn’t a game on our schedule that I don’t think uc can’t win. That was not my thoughts after game 1.[/QUOTE

Amen. Great post! I believe this team is pretty fun to watch. Also fun to see them grow. I'm a fan and I am pleasantly surprised and happy so far. If they play like they did yesterday they can play with any team on our schedule.
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:21 PM   #57
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Fans love misery. It’s all I can say. I thought I’d come back to this board and see some happy people that we seem to have found a winning formula and look to keep improving.

I’m happy we won.

We have a brutal stretch coming up and the chances of going undefeated are slim. But with the way this team is growing and figuring itself out, I think every one of those games are winnable. There isn’t a game on our schedule that I don’t think uc can’t win. That was not my thoughts after game 1.
Good post Justin but sadly this board has been on a downward spiral for quite awhile. The lack of activity concerning the football team after a great season is one indication. Another is how the conversation is continually directed toward the Coach and his perceived lack of qualifications. There is really only a few regular posters left. It's a shame really at one time for a free site this really was a good site, well run with good knowledgeable fans. Unfortunately the I hate Mick group and the want to be coaches who couldn't lead a pack of piss ants to water have brought it to the level you see it now.

As far as this years Basketball team, as you mentioned it is finding its identity. I enjoy watching true student athletes compete the way Micks teams do. It's Why I am such a fan of the program. The Evans,Clark and Sk's of the world are exceptional hard working high character kids who represent the city and school with class. Micks kids win a bunch of games and graduate. That is why I spend my time and money supporting the team. If he ran it any other way I don't believe I would be inclined to do so.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:31 PM   #58
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I’m happy we won.

Nice post!
They are really playing together. Incredible team defense in the last game. In today’s college basketball where all the emphasis is on offense we are a pain in the ass to play against. I’m sure the Ole Miss coach would agree with that synopsis.The three most positive things coming out of this weekend.

1) Brooks overall play was impressive.
2) Fredericks starting to be a factor on both ends.
3) Our defense is moving to another level.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:35 PM   #59
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post
Nice post!
They are really playing together. Incredible team defense in the last game. In today’s college basketball where all the emphasis is on offense we are a pain in the ass to play against. I’m sure the Ole Miss coach would agree with that synopsis.The three most positive things coming out of this weekend.

1) Brooks overall play was impressive.
2) Fredericks starting to be a factor on both ends.
3) Our defense is moving to another level.
Have to agree with all your points Gary.

Brooks and Fredericks are growing. Our defense is stepping up and teams must deal with it. I'll add another. Cane is playing very well. We ar getting contributions from a number of players. It's really fun watching them grow.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:56 PM   #60
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Have to agree with all your points Gary.

Brooks and Fredericks are growing. Our defense is stepping up and teams must deal with it. I'll add another. Cane is playing very well. We ar getting contributions from a number of players. It's really fun watching them grow.
I agree about Cane! I don’t like to bring up Huggins but the thing I most respected about him was how hard his kids played for him. Mick has my utmost respect for this same reason. This current team to a man is playing all out for each other and you see it especially during a timeout. The team is really rooting for each other the whole game. Players don’t play this hard for a coach they dislike.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote